Head of Financial Risk
Remote job description
Our Risk team sits at the very core of Revolut. It works across functions, products, and regions to manage market, liquidity, credit, operational, and enterprise risks of the Revolut Group and ensure that the business remains on safe footing. People in the Risk team are among the first in the company to get involved in new business initiatives – from app technology, to treasury and finance, to customer support.
If you want to gain priceless experience and exposure to one of the fastest-growing scale-ups in Europe, and you share our vision of execution and decision-making automation, then apply to join our Risk department today.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Financial Risk Management to lead and provide oversight for our global Capital, Liquidity, and Market Risk Management functions, reporting directly to the Group CRO.
What you'll be doing
- Lead teams of capital, liquidity and market risk professionals across multiple legal entities and geographies
- Develop, implement and govern financial risk models under various scenarios with appropriate assumptions and calibrations
- Monitor financial risk exposures vs. prescribed limits, investigate risk events, and produce related MI reports
- Provide ongoing engagement with first line businesses to identify, monitor, and govern emerging financial risks, including new product risk assessments
- Maintain key policies, procedures and controls
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory stress measures and related reporting
- Establish strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the organisation to enforce current risk management frameworks, identify emerging risks and provide effective challenge
- Deputise for the Group Chief Risk Officer as required
What you'll need
- 10+ years of experience managing capital, liquidity and/or market risks in a global firm with centralised risk governance of subsidiaries
- Experience setting up and leading second line functions in a retail bank
- Working knowledge of balance sheet and income statement dynamics and ability to develop appropriate risk measurement techniques (including stress testing)
- Experience with ICAAP, ILAAP, and Recovery/Resolution Planning
- Excellent communicator, experience of managing dialogues with both Senior Management and Regulators
- Understanding of risk-related regulations and their application in the banking industry
- Practical experience with financial risk model development, implementation and governance
- Ability to break complex problems into smaller ones and enjoy working with data to facilitate your work
- Ability to influence across a large organisation and interact effectively with senior leaders across both revenue and control functions
- Strong academic record with a degree or concentration in a STEM discipline
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
A little about us…When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we've expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we're looking for…Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We're looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we're Stronger Together. You're the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut's mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone's learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes - working with us means you're not just another cog in the machine.
By applying for the above role, you confirm that you have reviewed our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.Summary
Head of Financial Risk
Tags: fintech, forex