Head of Finance for All Turtles
Remote job description
All Turtles is a mission-driven product studio. We solve clear, meaningful problems felt by people and companies alike, and make products with simple, direct business models. We're a fully distributed team, with team members across the United States and in many countries internationally.
As AT's Head of Finance, you'll own all aspects of the finance and accounting functions. You'll be principally responsible for monitoring day-to-day finance activities at AT, and across multiple portfolio companies, including financial reporting, cashflow management, and compliance. As a member of our executive team, you'll collaborate in setting the strategy for the organization, support other departments by being a thought partner and providing an informed perspective, and continuously optimize cash flow and capital structure. In this role, you'll report to the CEO, and operate with a high level of autonomy. Your good judgment, analytical rigor, and critical thinking will be as essential as your collaboration skills and sense of partnership to your colleagues and our portfolio companies.
YOU'LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Ensuring audit-ready and GAAP compliant financial statements.
- Managing company's financial reporting infrastructure, ensuring financials are collected in an accurate, timely, and scalable manner.
- Working with your peers on the executive team to provide structure and accountability on strategic objectives across the company.
- Providing the Board and stakeholders with financial reporting and insights related to the business to create a clear understanding of company performance.
- Managing and mentoring a team to effectively address priorities and provide career coaching
- Collaborating with leadership to set financial KPI targets, both at the company level and the departmental level; track and communicate performance against those targets on an ongoing basis.
- Building operating models to evaluate new business opportunities.
- Evaluating and providing recommendations for other types of deals using modeling skills and contract reviews.
IDEALLY, YOU'LL HAVE:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in a leadership role within strategic finance, venture capital, and/or private equity.
- Experience working at/with early-stage startups (pre-Series C).
- Experience building detailed financial analysis that is used to drive business decisions.
- Proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. You are seen as a trusted and personable advisor.
- Good judgment to assess and implement the necessary amount of structure (and no more!) to bring clarity and maintain efficiency.
- Extensive experience in financial modeling and forecasting, both managing financial statements and building complex one-off models from scratch.
- Familiarity with term sheets, cap tables, legal documents, and venture capital/private equity terms and concepts.
- Integrity, a positive outlook, collaborative mindset and entrepreneurial spirit.
The Head of Finance role is a full-time, permanent position reporting to the CEO. This role is a remote position, and can be based in any location. Since our distributed team works primarily across US time zones, applicants based in North or South America time zones are preferred. We offer comprehensive insurance benefits to our employees and their qualifying dependents, in addition to flexible vacation, a 401(k), parental leave, and a suite of optional benefits and perks programs.
As a company, we realize that talent is evenly distributed throughout the world, but opportunity is not. We believe that you should work where you can have the best impact, and live where you can have the best life.
Compensation is based on an employee's contribution to the company, not on where they live or how they have been paid in their past jobs. We have standardized, nationwide compensation levels that are set according to everyone's job. The levels are calculated annually, based on collecting national compensation data, and weighted to be competitive in the most expensive markets for each country.
Distributed Facilities Supplement
We are a fully distributed team, however it is still our responsibility to make sure that employees have a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. We provide each employee with a monthly distributed facilities supplement for them to spend on whatever each employee thinks will give them a healthier and more productive work environment.
We believe that in-person time is precious and best spent building, rather than spending, 'relationship capital'. To encourage those moments to take place, we offer a 'Turtle-Crossing' bonus to employees when they meet in person to build and strengthen relationships with one another.
Health and Vacation Programs
We also offer comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance to our employees and their dependents, where available, as well as parental leave and unlimited vacation (plus an annual vacation bonus).
All Turtles and mmhmm are committed to creating and fostering a diverse team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. We're committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants throughout the application process.
Company name: mmhmm
Remote job title: Head of Finance for All Turtles
Job tags: Financial Analysis, Financial Statements, Financial Modeling