Group Financial Controller
Remote job description
Xapo is an international fintech startup on a mission to protect and grow its clients' life savings.
We're a fully distributed team that works remotely from 50+ countries around the world. We may come from many different cultures and backgrounds, but it's our values, our resourcefulness, and our drive that makes us Xapiens.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to grow every day. If you're the best at what you do and share our passion, we want you.
Join us, wherever you are, and help us build a digital bank worthy of the digital age at Xapo.
The Group Financial Controller is responsible for the core monthly financial processes; the design, development and implementation of key processes, procedures, systems & controls; and building & developing the team.
This strong leader will have as key mission the definition and execution of the team's roadmap in line with the company priorities, maximizing value delivery and automate low value tasks. He/she will build strong network across the organization to improve customer experience and operational efficiency, and report regularly on agreed KPIs.
You will build a strong vision and mission for the team that contributes to the overall Xapo strategy, preparing the team pro-actively for the challenges of the future. Will be a hands-on and pragmatic leader, actively supporting the team
It's an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to progress into a broad role with great scope for learning and development. You will provide direct support to the Chief Financial Officers and other senior executives in the Finance function on most day-to-day matters across accounting, investments, operations, financial reporting, tax and audit.
This is a super exciting time to join the organisation as it launches as a digital global private bank, rolls out new products and expands further internationally.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position. Work from anywhere!
- Manage all accounting activities, ensuring integrity, completeness, and accuracy.
- Formulate, implement, and monitor compliance with accounting policies.
- Manage the month-end close process and produce monthly management accounts and reports with strict adherence to company timelines.
- Ensure compliance with relevant statutory, tax, auditing, and external reporting requirements.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the key drivers of the business in order to derive clear and succinct analyses of the ongoing financial performance of operations.
- Work with the FP&A team in preparing and monitoring performance against forecasts and budgets.
- Product control of treasury investment and trading activities
- Provide analysis and strategic insight to senior management on financial performance.
- Support the annual audit process.
- Engage with and support teams across the bank including Treasury, Payment Operations, and Risk.
- Lead and/or participate in ad-hoc cross-functional projects.
- Maintain and increase the operational excellence by actively developing and implementing impactful continuous improvement initiatives, both targeting efficiency gains and/or increased internal customer experience.
- Act as an internal business partner, actively seeking to support internal customers and actively providing solutions, while safeguarding compliance with internal policies & procedures
- Evaluate, recommend and partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop new strategies and technologies that improve efficiency across all operational activities within scope
Essential skills and experience:
- 10+ years experience working within the Finance department of a bank or regulated financial services organisation of which at least 5 years in a team lead position
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least 10 years of post-qualification experience. IFRS and statutory reporting knowledge
- Prior experience in either Audit, Financial Reporting, Financial Control or Reg Reporting
- Strong focus on controls and processes and high attention to detail
- Possess a very strong technical skill set acquired in the banking / financial services industry
- Strong educational background in related discipline
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken), comfortable engaging with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong technology skills, in particular with ERP systems (NetSuite an advantage)
- Strong people manager who can evidence prior development of staff
- Confidence to challenge senior management opinions and maintain positive working relationship
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and management skills
- Self-starter, resourceful, able to work independently and as a team
Desired qualifications and experience:
- Interest in developing industries such as Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin)
- Experience reporting to market regulatory authorities
- FINREP and COREP reporting knowledge
- Lead with a team focus and share knowledge
- Communicate effectively
- Drive and embrace change
- Demonstrate operational excellence and deliver results
- Excellent business understanding and commercial sense
- Customer focused
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for xapo?
- Impact globally, work remotely.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
We founded Xapo to address two of the biggest issues with Bitcoin adoption: accessibility and security. In a matter of years, we developed an industry-leading platform that introduced cryptocurrency into the daily lives of millions worldwide.
Now, we're bringing our expertise to all facets of our users' finances. Because no matter who we are or where we're from, we all deserve more options, more control, and more peace of mind where our money is concerned.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer – we believe that diversity is critical to our success as a global company. An inclusive workplace is the foundation of Xapo – it allows us to create products that cater to clients around the world.Summary
Job title: Group Financial Controller (Remote - Work from Anywhere)
Job tags: fintech, payment gateway, security