Global Chargebacks and Disputes Lead
Remote job description
Our mission is to make buying online faster, safer and easier for everyone. Fast Login and Fast Checkout enable a one-click sign-in and purchasing experience that makes it easier for people to buy and merchants to sell. The company's products work on any browser, device or platform to deliver a consistent, stress-free purchasing experience. Fast is entirely consumer-focused and invests heavily in its users' privacy and data security. Headquartered in San Francisco but open to a globally remote workforce, we are a founders-led, privately held company funded by Stripe, Index Ventures, Susa Ventures and other world-class investors.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and demonstrate our values through equitable pay, fantastic benefits, and access to all reasonable accommodations.
The Payments & Risk team at Fast strives daily to build and operate a world-class payment processing platform free of payment failures, void of fraud and as reliable as clockwork for both buyers and sellers engaged in e-commerce across the Internet. Our team is searching for an experienced Chargebacks & Disputes professional to help us achieve our mission.
The role will be responsible for investigating and managing payment chargebacks and fraud mitigation, while helping build the product requirements to automate this experience for sellers across the globe. This will be a high impact role ensuring our buyers and sellers maintain trust in our Checkout solution, while also protecting Fast and it's seller's from outsized losses.
If you're passionate about payments, enjoy leveraging large datasets to make data-driven decisions and want to have a hand in building a world class dispute management system, then this role is for you! Come join us as we upgrade the internet by creating a new, frictionless online checkout experience.
- Review incoming credit card chargebacks and provide timely responses to the payment providers to ensure the highest possible win rate
- Work across multiple platforms and back office systems to build strong chargeback representments
- Devise new strategies to improve win rates for Fast's sellers while also analyzing trends and identifying ways to reduce overall chargeback rates on the platform
- Manage the overall dispute workflow and partner with Fast's Customer Success team to streamline key inputs from sellers to aid our representment packages
- Establish and exceed key KPIs for disputes management at Fast
- Track sellers with high chargeback rates to ensure we maintain acceptable dispute targets and protect Fast from entering network monitoring programs
- Manage weekly reporting cycle and lead the disputes quarterly planning cycle to ensure new features and enhancements are built into the seller dashboard product at Fast
- Will need to manage disputes processes on weekends and devise strategy to investigate timely to ensure we can enhance our risk models based upon emerging fraud trends identified through the disputes process
- Support with general risk processes across the team as needed
- A team-first approach with a positive attitude
- 2+ years of Risk Management experience (e.g. enterprise risk, transactional risk, etc.), preferably in a dual-sided marketplace environment
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, such as business, finance, CS, Economics or Mathematics
- Demonstrated proficiency with SQL
- Strong investigative skills
- SME in understanding dispute management programs, chargeback reason codes and strategies in order to respond to disputes and inquiry cases and card schemes fraud programs
- Experience with global payment processors such as Adyen, Stripe, Cybersource, etc is required
- Resourceful and ready to roll their sleeves up - no task or issue is too big or small
- Demonstrates care and empathy towards customers and teammates
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
Benefits of Fast
We are an early stage, well-funded company with an innovative engineering and product culture, who prioritizes inclusion and diversity. We offer incredible health benefits, 401k, and equity as part of our competitive compensation package.
Do you like snacks? So do we. Every month we curate new companies and products, and share with all employees, regardless of location.
Also- we have fabulous swag, including the infamous Fast Hoodie (with its own Twitter following).
Job title: Global Chargebacks and Disputes Lead