Remote job description
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped over 20 million customers get more from their money. And we're not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have more than 3000 people, based in 20 offices around the world, working on our mission. And we're looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
The Finance team is the backbone of Revolut's business. The department has grown from its humble beginnings to a major function that supports all areas of the business. They help us with the small details like remittance, and support us to make the big moves like assessing growth opportunities When you join our superstar Finance team you join the big leagues You'll get to work with players from all areas of the company: one day you are involved in a banking licence application process, the next you're running analysis for a new product launch and creating an executive summary of Revolut's performance for the board of directors. So, are you ready to play?
We are looking for exceptional Financial Controller to create, reconcile and manage critical accounting data sets and ledgers using best in class data manipulation techniques. Did you understand all those words? Well good, it was a lot to take in, but seems like you have the stuff we need
What you'll be doing
- Working with key teams within financial control and finance data infrastructure to support the month end, year end audit and ad-hoc data analysis on the general ledger
- Identifying potential areas of automation within the Finance team
- Becoming a virtual member of the US finance team, supporting the team in reporting needs
What you'll need
- At least Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting
- Proven automation and process improvement experience
- Experience working in a finance team in a reconciliation role
- Experience with month end process
- Competency with SQL and ability to read, write and understand scripts in order to be able to suggest correcting code to existing extract transfer loads (ETL's)
- Experience working in the finance function of a bank, large brokerage firm, or technology firm focused on data driven financial flows and month end process
Nice to have
- Accountant qualifications
- Understanding of the broad finance and controllership functions
- Accounting double entry
- Problem solving skills
- Data Manipulation (SQL/Python) knowledge
- By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.
Company name: Revolut
Remote job title: Financial Controller
Job tags: fintech, forex