Finance Transformation Lead
Remote job description
We are looking for a Finance Transformation Lead who can lead our analytics efforts around reporting and data analytics within the finance organization. This role will be a foundational member in our growing Finance Systems and Transformation team, and partner directly with various stakeholders across finance, IT, Business Applications, and Sales Operations. You will be a thought partner to help sift through various finance data. You will help automate and enable all things analytics, automation and reporting, including building visualization using our very own Grafana dashboards. A critical element for success would be the ability to operate in an unstructured environment and look forward to building the foundations for our future growth.
- Collaborate with Data Engineering team to develop and execute the strategic analytics and reporting vision across the finance team
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in Operations, Sales, Finance, Marketing, Product, and others to develop and implement scalable, data driven solutions.
- Develop, define, create, and maintain reports and dashboards to monitor the Key Performance Indicators for the finance team
- Identify key opportunities for automation and work closely with the finance team to help develop the next generation of data analytics
- Build and maintain dashboards for - Revenue, Headcount, Expenses and P&L reporting etc
- Drive continuous process improvement, standardization, simplification, install proper controls and reporting enhancements
- Improve the maturity of the Data Analytics function within the finance team
- Influence prioritization of roadmaps and business requirements and collaborate with cross functional teams to align people, process, technology and strategy around reporting
- Provide regular status updates, highlight risk and issues to leadership
- Design and manage change management, stakeholder communication, and user training during project delivery phase
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, or related field
- 5+ years of directly applicable experience in Finance/FP&A, data analysis positions
- Experience with visual dashboard/report development and optimization skills in enterprise BI systems (Powerbi)
- Intuitive ability to understand business objectives, define and implement analytical approaches, and draw conclusions from data and recommend actions.
- Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of business problems and create data visualizations that drive strategic direction
- Strong analytical skill with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Expertise in writing and reviewing SQL Queries
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and translate requirements between business, project management and technical projects or programs
- Ability to work corroborative and work directly with the team
- Ability to have strategic thinking and develop strategic view point in the reporting and dashboarding area
A plus if you have
- Knowledge about Grafana observability
- Previous experience with Grafana visualization, or a desire to invest the time to learn
- SQL: writing complex yet efficient SQL codes
- Familiarity with ETL tools like Five trans or Workato
- Hands-on experience with Netsuite and financial planning tools (Adaptive)
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we're building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we're working hard to make sure that's the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Company name: Grafana Labs
Remote job title: Finance Transformation Lead
Job tags: finance, FP&A, Analytics Tools