Finance Operations Associate
Remote job description
Independent businesses, not corporations, support local economies. They employ communities of creative people who value craftsmanship over mass-market deals.
Ankorstore was founded in 2019 to build an ecosystem that enables independent shops and brands to thrive. We provide them with the means and tools to compete against the e-commerce giants.
Only two years later, we've grown to a team of over 700 employees across several European countries. And we've reached unicorn status after raising a total of ?365 million beginning of 2022.
Join us if you are excited to support our vision of rewilding independent retail!
About your role
As Finance Operations Associate, you will help both Finance and Operations teams to provide our brands & retailers with a great experience. In particular, we are proposing payment terms to our retailers on the platform, allowing them to pay 30 to 60 Days after they have ordered. You will be in charge of making sure we tackle credit collection issues.
Your missions are defined as below :
- Closely monitor and report on payments terms issues
- Develop debt collection strategies and plans
- Contact debtors by telephone & email to enact and negotiate debt recovery
- Search publicly-available databases to track down defaulters
- Work with our external partners to support them with their credit collection actions
- Help identify fraudulent activities through our marketplace
- Collaborate with internal teams to improve our processes
The experience we require:
- You've already worked within financial / accounting services
- You have had experience managing difficult client situations
- You're comfortable with numbers and desktop tools like excel, GSheets
- You are a native German speaker
The 4 most important qualities to succeed in this role:
- Very rigorous and detailed oriented
- Strong autonomy & self judment
- Very organized
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
What's in for you
- Working with a very ambitious & mission driven team backed by powerful VCs (Tiger Global, Bain Capital)
- Strong values, a real purpose-driven company, in an international environment
- A highly dynamic environment in a fast scaling company at a stage where you will be able to shape things autonomously and participate to the future of the organisation
- A real playground for development with exciting career opportunities, locally or internationally, with strong mentors
- Competitive compensation
- Location: Europe (remote if needed)
Ankorstore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Company name: Ankorstore
Remote job title: Finance Operations Associate
Job tags: marketplace, smb