Remote job description
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, support local communities and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realize their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. At the end of 2020, Funding Circle had lent $15.2 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners globally. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
What will you be doing?
- The Finance Director will own Funding Circle USA's company-wide finance activities, including budgeting, financial planning and analysis, decision support, accounting and reporting, cash and capital management, capital market operations, and financial operations
- Participates in Monthly Business Reviews supporting US MD with Group CFO and CEO to understand business performance, future trends and "course corrections". Owns monthly financial reviews to understand key performance trends and identify future risks and opportunities
- Model out the financial impact of business initiatives and provide recommendations to aid decision-making, working extremely closely with the US Managing Director and the US leadership Team
- Collaborates on high priority and cross-functional projects to help prioritise resources and support in strategic decision making
- Provides commercial insight and support for B2B partnership arrangements. Seen as credible to counterparties
- Lead operational and business improvement initiatives by leveraging data and insights
- Assist with investor relations, board materials, and other external-facing activities on an as-needed basis
- Supervises annual audit process and control environment.
- Liaise with other external parties including tax advisors, banks, insurance companies, etc.
- Accountable for Tax and Financial Regulatory compliance
- Oversee reconciliation of Investor reporting and accounts
- Collaborate across global finance team, including Investor Relations, Group Controller, Tax, Balance Sheet Management/Treasury
- Key leadership role, sitting on US LT and global Finance LT working closely with colleagues based in London. Provide direct people leadership to the finance, accounting and capital market operations teams
- Over 10+ years of experience in finance, accounting, or related business field, CPA or equivalent required
- Experience in financial services/fintech is preferred
- Proven business leader, able to partner with and challenge the US MD and be a key member of the US leadership Team
- Experienced leading a Finance Team in a fast-paced and rapidly developing business environment. Has a track record of managing & developing happy, high performing, and engaged teams
- Strong strategic thinking skills, able to use sound judgement. Able to shape and then deliver the US strategy
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to collaborate globally
- High degree of commercial acumen and ability to use that to drive better business outcomes
- Successful in embedding finance as a key contributor to the wider business
Why should you join us?
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by all of our Circlers.
We work in a way unlike any other public company. Start-up spirit. Real work life balance. We can feed the curious with work that's varied, creative and surprising.
Think big remits and huge ownership to accelerate your marketability. Smart minds moving fast to make great things happen in a continuous learning environment. All voices heard in an inclusive culture that's built around unlocking potential.
This is the place to make a positive difference. Join the disruption. Say "I was there". Be a part of it. Build something incredible and make a genuine impact on the lives of many - including yours.
- Unlimited PTO
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Work Hours
- Monthly Lifestyle subsidy
- Spring Health EAP
- Generous Parental Leave
- No Cost Healthcare Options
- PPO, HMO options available
- 401(k) Retirement Match- Vests Right Away!
- Commuter Benefit, WFH subsidy
- Career Development Resources
- It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.
- Colorado Only* Base Salary range of $150,000 to $225,000 + annual bonus + annual leadership equity grants + benefits
The health and safety of Funding Circle employees is our top priority. Therefore, as a condition of employment, Funding Circle requires proof of COVID vaccination for all U.S.-based new hires beginning October 1, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for medical or religious reasons consistent with applicable laws.
Company name: Funding Circle
Remote job title: Finance Director
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, lending, smb