Finance Data Analyst, Data Assurance
Remote job description
We are looking for a Finance Data Analyst to join our Finance Product and Margin team in London. Team is part of the Finance Tribe.
As a financial institution moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
Data Quality Assurance is fundamental to the success of Wise mission and ensures that across our dozens of product teams and hundreds of microservices, we have a single source of truth of product data that is complete, consistent and compliant.
Together with the rest of the data quality assurance team, you will be working on developing and maintaining sophisticated data quality controls, building data reconciliation tools, identifying and solving inconsistencies in financial data.
- Analyse the operational, business and financial risks
- Design and implement advanced data reconciliation and control algorithms across multiple databases.
- Build automated data quality issue tracking and impact reporting across the entire lifecycle - from source systems to data transformations.
- Build automated analytics on timeliness and compliance of real time Wise product data.
- Collaborate with teams across Wise to fix data quality issues, such as missing or incorrect data and run operational processes together with regional / product operations teams.
A bit about you
- Self-sufficient with data analytics - you are good with data, complex datasets, SQL and databases.
- Experience with designing and implementing data controls and control processes, working with auditors or regulators.
- Curious and analytical - you are able to mine the knowledge from other teams, investigate data, databases and data transformations and understand how it fits with your goals.
- You see the big picture - able to think several steps ahead to ensure that decisions and actions taken by others contribute into the bigger picture of data quality assurance.
- Passionate about data and creative analytical algorithms.
- Team player - able to work across teams and functions.
- Ability to work independently and plan on your own as well as together with the team.
- Open, communicative, and fun to work with.
- Ready to travel and spend time in Tallinn, Estonia
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Work on large, mission-critical systems - be part of the team developing innovative data quality assurance function in a fast growing fintech company.
- Own your own path to success - you'll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Learn and grow - discover up to date control standards and procedures, work with various external and internal audit parties, building scalable processes in agile environment and much more.
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Finance Data Analyst, Data Assurance
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy