Finance Business Partner
Remote job description
As a financial technology service/company moving billions of GBP of customer money in over 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions to support our growth and financial objectives.
Due to continued and rapid growth we're on the hunt for an experienced Finance professional to join our FP&A team in Shoreditch, London. You'll be part of the team that helps pilot the rocket ship.
- Your main focus will be driving our planning process and improving our ability to forecast headcount and operating costs, enabling the business to continue scaling sustainably and ultimately dropping prices for customers
- You will be involved in partnering closely with stakeholders across the business to deeply understand Wise's cost drivers and financials including partnering with Department leads (Customer Support, Engineering, Design etc), teams within Finance (Financial Controllers and Accounting) and other analysts at Wise
- You will build frameworks (models and reports) to analyse Wise's cost base, identify risks and opportunities and derive actionable insights
- You'll provide deep dives on key business and financial metrics and focus on actuals to forecast variance comparison to drive accuracy, optimal decision making and develop strategy
- You'll use this deep knowledge to help build a narrative on our results and manage communications and reporting to various stakeholders including Department leads and our leadership team
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Play a crucial role - in using data to help manage Wise's financial growth sustainably and shape financial strategy to optimise growth investment and cost management
- Partner with Department leads - to help them understand their performance, cost base and assist them with decision making
- Own your own path to success - you'll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Learn and grow - there's a lot to be done!
A bit about you:
- Proven experience in partnering with stakeholders including Department leads and becoming their trusted advisors
- Extensive in experience building financial models (ideally through a planning tool such as Anaplan) and owning cost analysis Extensive experience in establishing effective policies and procedures, implementing cost controls and monitoring ongoing spend - to help the organisation operate smoothly and grow sustainably
- You have a professional finance qualification such as the ACA / CIMA or equivalent (MBA or masters in Finance) with proven post qualification experience and demonstrable knowledge of IFRS reporting and general accounting concepts.
- Passionate about what we're building at Wise.
- Love digging in data, numbers, thinking systematically, and analyzing inter-dependencies.
- Strong communicator: articulate, clear, strategic - with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Keen to roll up sleeves and get the job done, we all do our own Excel still.
- Humble, comfortable operating with a level of uncertainty, keen to learn. Firm and forceful when required.
- Able to operate to defined timelines while bringing together a diverse stakeholder group.
- Able to work across multiple teams, offices, time-zones (and travel when needed!) with flexibility and a can do attitude.
- Legally authorized to work in the UK.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in a fast moving agile tech based multinational environment
- Having worked closely with Human Resources to ensure that workforce planning strategy, tools and processes are in sync with cost planning
- Experience developing reports based on employee data sourced through the workforce planning tool such as Workday and customising reports to drive further insights and analysis
- A working knowledge of Anaplan and Workday
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Finance Business Partner
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy