Engineering Manager Data retrieval and Scraping
Belvo Finance SL
Remote job description
About the team:
- We work in cross-functional, autonomous teams. We follow continuous delivery best practices executed on top of a modern technology stack.
- Our products are built for developers, by developers. Technological excellence is at the heart of what we do.
- We are pragmatic and customer focused. We strive to find the right set of trade-offs in order to validate our hypothesis as early as possible, iterating on our products based on customer feedback.
- We communicate transparently. We do weekly all hands where we get together to discuss company performance and goals.
- We are a flexible international team focused on creating cool stuff. Some of us prefer to work together in one of our offices and others prefer remote. For us there's no difference as long as you have an excellent internet connection and are able to overlap with the team between 3pm and 6pm, CEST timezone.
- Also we are backed by some of the leading investors in Silicon Valley and Latin America, including Founders Fund, Kaszek Ventures and YCombinator
Your challenge:Belvo is an engineering-focused technology startup. We are creating a product that is seeing strong demand and market traction.
We put pragmatism and technical excellence at the heart of what we do. If you're interested in knowing how we work, head over to our Blog to read more.
As an engineering leader, your main areas of focus are your team, its people, their performance and their wellbeing. We are looking for individuals with a strong technical background and track record, who are able to lead, coordinate and coach an already stellar engineering team.
- You will work together with the data retrieval and scraping team, which is a specialized team developing and maintaining our financial ecosystem integrations.
- Coach first, player second. You are a force multiplier for your team and have a passion for team and team members' success.
- Drive the execution and delivery of features and new products.
- Set objectives, follow performance and provide feedback
- Team happiness, wellbeing and productivity.
- Participate in cross-functional coordination, planning, and reviews with leads from other engineering teams
- Partner with Product Managers on objectives, priorities, tradeoffs and risk.
- We don't establish a fixed hands-on/off split, but we encourage you to to keep coding to keep your technical acumen sharp and to have a solid understanding of the technical challenges that your team faces.
- Participate in technical decisions, contributing your technical knowledge as well as your strategic and planning inputs.
- Establish processes and address growing pains during high-growth phases.
- Participating in architecture discussions and planning.
- Ability to act as Tech Lead and being more hands-on when required.
- Maintain and foster our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity.
You can be part of the gang if:
- 3+ years of experience in engineering leadership and people management.
- Experience with data retrieval and scraping technology, preferably at large scale.
- Past experience as a senior individual contributor.
- Strong knowledge of the basic pillars of our technical stack: Python, AWS and managed AWS services.
- Well rounded technical skills and ability to contribute to deeply technical discussions.
- Experience recruiting and growing a team, in a context of rapid change and fast growth.
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, comfortable working with minimal specifications and build a solid execution plan for your team.
- Fintech and SaaS past experience
- Experience building large-scale platforms with a global reach
Our tech stack:
- We're building our platform using modern technologies, putting the focus on reliability and long-term maintainability
- We primarily use Python on the backend. We use battle-tested technologies such as Django, and we are heavy users of Python's asyncio for some parts of our stack
- We run our infrastructure on top of Amazon Web Services, leveraging managed services. We tend to favor the use of managed services wherever possible, in order to focus on our business problems
- We observe and monitor our services using Datadog
- We follow Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery best practices
Stock options (we are all owners and this is very important to us)
Flexible working hours
Paid time off on your birthday
Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings
Team building events
Bank holidays swap inside the same month
Fitness/ wellness stipends
Belvo Finance SL
Engineering Manager- Data retrieval and Scraping at Belvo Finance SL () (allows remote)
Tags: python, aws, django