Remote job description
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone-come make with us!
Reporting into the Corporate Controller, the Director of Tax will lead all aspects of Figma's global tax strategy, including planning, reporting, income tax accounting, and compliance. This role will interact with senior leaders across the organization, and will be the liaison to coordinate the flow of information between various functions. This position will provide leadership and guidance for all tax-related matters, and serve as the steward to establish best practices as Figma continues into its next stage of growth and operational maturity.
What you'll do at Figma:
- Lead all global tax activities, including federal, state, and international income tax filings, annual audits, sales tax reporting and remittance, local business taxes, property taxes, and more
- Identify and solve for key business risks across the Company with intention to minimize tax liabilities and maximize after-tax profits
- Develop and implement a global tax strategy to support new business and go-to-market initiatives and present recommendations to senior leadership and executive management teams
- Supervise the preparation of the quarterly and annual income tax provision and related financial reporting disclosures under ASC 740
- Partner with cross-functional business teams and lead tax due diligence efforts by providing structural deal advice on any proposed acquisitions, product launches, financing events, and international business expansion
- Monitor legislative changes in tax laws that may impact Company tax positions, including tax accounting and reporting implications
- Establish and maintain formal tax policies to ensure accurate and timely tax accounting under U.S GAAP, including preparation for SOX readiness
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 12+ years of relevant tax experience, with mix in both public accounting and multinational corporate environments (preferably SaaS)
- Strong technical knowledge of income tax and accounting for income taxes under U.S. GAAP (ASC 740, ASC 450)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly explain and present complex concepts to executive leadership
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan and execute at both strategic and tactical levels
- Shown ability to work well cross-functionally and partner with other leaders throughout the business
- Experience working with international tax structures, business models, and global complexities
- Strong passion for leadership and ability to grow and mentor people through career development
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Read more about our team
- Investing in Figma: The Decade of Design
- How work is changing at Figma
- Figma's next product is a multiplayer whiteboard called FigJam
- Software Design Startup Figma Is Now Worth $10 Billion
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
Dylan Field and Evan Wallace co-founded Figma in 2012 with the vision of building tools for designers in the browser. Their goal was to create the first design tool that combined the accessibility of the Web with the functionality of a native app. Today Figma is a platform with tools and spaces to support the entire product development process-idea to design to build-and has simplified collaboration for companies like Microsoft, Uber, and The New York Times to name a few.
At Figma, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, products, and community to flourish. Figma is an equal opportunity workplace-we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Company name: Figma
Remote job title: Director, Tax
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, design, mobile, photos, software