Remote job description
As a financial institution moving billions of pounds of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations and make accurate business decisions inside the company.
We are now looking for a Data Analyst to join the Business Analytics team in Finance. Jointly with the Business Intelligence team and Regional Controllers you will own the process of collecting and preparing the data for the controls and reporting purposes. This is a core function of the Finance team that ensures compliance of Wise as a financial institution and helps with scaling.
This role gives a great opportunity to combine technical data processing skills with finance and automation experience. You will get familiar with all key products of Wise, understand the business, and also improve your data analysis expertise.
- Build compliant, accurate and automated data reports for regulators and for internal control purposes and to comply with regulatory, financial and tax requirements.
- Work together with other finance teams, especially Business Intelligence, Corporate Treasury, and Regional Controllers, to create accurate monitoring, alerting, and reporting on source financial data, with clear definitions, data controls and change management.
- Create visualisations and data exports using Looker, Airflow, gSheets/Excel, sourcing the data through detailed SQL queries.
- Own and maintain controls over built data pipelines and models.
- Build and maintain other ad-hoc reports and models using the financial data as required by various stakeholders.
- Help with automation of the processes for teams in Finance that rely on data extracts and reports.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact - you will have an opportunity to build, maintain, and grow parts of the financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies.
- Own your path to success - you will have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Grow with the role - we offer exciting opportunities in building efficient financial control, automation, and reporting processes.
- Develop a versatile combination of skills - data analysis and financial, providing unique opportunities for professional growth.
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about the Finance area, fintech field and driving financial sustainability of a fast-growing company.
A bit about you:
- You are strong in structuring your approach towards problem resolution and can work with minimal direction.
- Willing to deal with internal or external stakeholders (auditor or regulators), communicating reports, definitions, requirements etc.
- Detail-oriented, great at working autonomously and meeting deadlines.
- Have an ability to go beyond the numbers and dig into understanding of the business meaning behind transactions.
- Strong SQL skills: experience at writing complex analytical queries (PostgreSQL, Snowflake), building ETLs, creating reports and data models.
- Being comfortable with Python and Airflow as well as data visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Superset etc.) or a commitment to develop in this direction.
- You are flexible in the set of technologies you use now and like proactively learning some new stuff in both technical and business parts of your job
- Understanding of finance terminology and accounting principles or previous experience within the financial domain (e.g. financial reporting, controls or audits) would be an advantage.
We're people without borders - without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you're passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you'll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you've got great experience, the right skills for the role and you're great at articulating your thinking, we'd like to hear from you.
Company name: Wise
Remote job title: Data Analyst
Job tags: marketplace, fintech, forex, sharing economy