Credit & Collections Analyst
Remote job description
Who We Are
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Motive Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. Motive serves more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented, innovative, and experienced Credit & Collections Analyst to join our Risk Management team. As an experienced Credit & Collections Analyst, you will be responsible for the execution, and maintenance of credit strategies and policies that enable growth while managing risk across our product line. You should have significant experience and subject matter expertise in financial services, end-to-end credit lifecycle, risk assessment, workout programs, and early to late stage collection.
You'll help design and build scalable processes that mitigate financial risk from new and existing customers. The successful candidate will work closely with members of our sales, decision science, product management, and other stakeholders to deliver best in class customer experience.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct customer financial risk assessment, including balance and payment analysis, credit report analysis and determine appropriate customer control measures
- Collect outstanding balances and ensure strong portfolio management and performance
- Directly communicate with clients about credit and or collection status and obtain all necessary information to determine creditworthiness
- Make determination whether to extend service based on analysis and articulate it in a manner that is simple, clear, and easy to understand
- Reconcile invoice, payments, and transaction details over multiple billing statements
- Promptly respond to and resolve billing and credit inquiries
- Understanding of finance, internal control processes, lien rights and bond claims, bankruptcy knowledge, and creditor rights
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of proven experience as a Collection Analyst or similar role
- Knowledge of billing procedures and collection techniques (e.g. skip tracing)
- Familiarity with laws related to debt collection (e.g. FDCPA)
- Comfortable working within a performance based structure
- Ability to communicate directly with customer through multi-channel (email, chat, phone, etc.) collection methodology
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Skilled in negotiation, problem solving, probing with one call resolution
- Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at Motive. Motive considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
- The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive's policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology
Company name: Motive
Remote job title: Credit & Collections Analyst
Job tags: license fees, business services, mobility