Remote job description
Healthcare is going through an unprecedented transformation towards digital care. Medallion provides the critical administrative infrastructure to make that change possible. Our platform enables organizations to license their providers in new states, verify existing credentials, and get in-network with health plans. In just over two years, we've launched our platform, built an all-star team, powered hundreds of great companies, and served thousands of healthcare providers across the industry. To date, Medallion has saved over 250,000 administrative hours for our customers!
Founded in 2020, Medallion has raised $85M from world-class investors like Sequoia Capital, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, Optum Ventures, and Salesforce Ventures.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Finance & Partnerships, this role will serve as a key partner to our Finance, Analytics, and HR teams to both help better ensure timely and accurate reporting of Medallion's key financial data as well as to optimize the systems & processes which will help Medallion scale over the next several years. You are versatile, analytical, detail-oriented, intellectually curious, and a strong communicator. The ideal candidate is a collaborative player/coach who is happiest in a fast-paced, action-oriented environment and is excited about the opportunity to continue to build Medallion's Accounting function over the next several years.
Compensation for this role is between $175,000 - $225,000 base salary depending on location and level.
- Oversee all core Accounting functions, including revenue, opex, and AR/AP, as well as cultivate opportunities for Accounting team member development and advancement
- Lead and contribute to the preparation, review, and accuracy of all financial, managerial, and investor reporting, including streamlining Medallion's monthly close process
- Work with the Head of Finance & Partnerships to research complex GAAP issues, summarize the implications for management, and begin preparing for an eventual audit
- Manage annual and other tax return requirements; prepare tax schedules and answer tax inquiries
- Make and implement recommendations to improve and enforce to Accounting policies and procedures to both ensure compliance and drive operational efficiency
- Recognize use of financial data and metrics to measure results and devise strategies for improvements
- Assist in annual budget planning across all departments, as well as company budget variance analysis
- Represent Medallion in an outward-facing role with contractors and vendors as you lead A/P, and with customers as you handle A/R
- Design and own all company Accounting systems
- Structure, recruit, and direct a team of accountants and specialists over time
- Execute on ad hoc projects
We're looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree with 10-12 years of progressive experience, including senior accounting leadership roles at some combination of venture-backed startups and public accounting firms
- A deep understanding of US GAAP and financial reporting requirements (CPA preferred)
- Strong project management skills encompassing attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and lead high priority initiatives on concurrent timelines
- Experience influencing and building consensus with Marketing, Sales, RevOps, and HR leaders to improve the efficiency and accuracy of Accounting systems and processes
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to land complex concepts across multiple audiences
- Revenue recognition experience with enterprise contracts, SaaS experience, and/or ASC606 is strongly preferred
- Desire to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment
Company name: Medallion
Remote job title: Controller
Job tags: CPA, Human Resources, Financial Reporting