Accounts Payable Lead
Remote job description
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That's the power of data in motion in action-giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we're building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We're looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent's enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow-whether you're just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you'll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role:
Confluent is seeking a detailed and process-oriented AP Lead to assist our Accounts Payable team. In this role, you will play an integral part in the Company's Accounting organization, responsible for assisting the Senior Manager with full cycle AP along with monitoring and reporting key metrics to support the Company's projected growth.
The ideal candidate has at least 5+ years of experience with Accounts Payable at a multinational publicly traded company, with experience in developing accurate and timely reporting related to Accounts Payable data. Experience with Business systems, process improvement, and SOX is a plus.
Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be adaptable, have strong organization and communication skills, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves along with a "can do" attitude.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with the production of the weekly payment run reporting, and the drafting of wire payments in the banking platform
- Oversee and manage the Accounts Payable direct report
- Draft, create, and manage analysis of AP Team performance & quantitative metrics (onshore & offshore) on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Document procedure and policy updates for the AP department and ensure compliance
- Assist the Senior Manager with system implementation procedures for P2P purposes
- Assist with 1099 preparation and year end processes
- Assist with month end & quarter end close
What You Will Bring:
- 5-7 years of professional experience at a multinational company in Accounts Payable, with at least 1 year in a managerial role
- Experience working in a global Accounts Payable organization
- Experience working with Coupa and Netsuite (or other Tier 1 ERP systems) preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Office Suite
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a rapid-growth start-up environment
- Experience in working in a Shared Services environment
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.
Company name: confluent
Remote job title: Accounts Payable Lead
Job tags: open-source, big data, infrastructure