Remote job description
Founded in 2015, Apollo is a leading sales intelligence and engagement platform trusted by over 15,000 paying customers, from rapidly growing startups to the largest global enterprises. Our platform unifies a database of 200 million business contacts with advanced intelligence and engagement tools, to help over 500,000 sales, marketing, and recruiting professionals to connect with the right person at the right time with the right message, at speed and scale.
In the last year, we've grown ARR 3x, quadrupled our active users, maintained profitability 18 out of the past 20 months, and recently closed a $110M Series C led by Sequoia Capital to fuel the next phase of our growth.
Working at Apollo
We are a remote-first inclusive organization focused on operational excellence. Our way of working ensures clear expectations and an environment to do your best work with ample reward.
As the Accounting Manager your areas of responsibilities will include revenue accounting,
consolidations, sales tax and intercompany transactions. Your ownership of the financials will be end
to end, including, ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of all transactional processing, preparing
reconciliations and flux analysis, maintaining a condensed period end close cycle, and interacting
with our external (Big 4) auditors. You will be a critical contributor to the implementation of NetSuite
and a new revenue recognition tool (TBD). This role will also oversee our India entity and be the
point person for the international team that responsible for the day-to-day transactions for that entity.
This is an individual contributor role that is 100% remote and will report directly to our Senior Manager of accounting while also working closely with the VP, Global Controller. This is a very key and foundational addition to an accounting team that is being built from the ground up. Leverage your prior experiences and build things the right way in a very fast paced growth-phase SaaS startup!
Daily Adventures & Responsibilities:
- Month-end close activities including reviewing/posting journal entries, reviewing
balance sheet reconciliations, and preparing financial statement analytics
- Assist in the implementation of NetSuite, work closely with financial systems
manager on data migration, testing and training
- Own revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606, including implementation
of a new revenue recognition tool
- Manage sales tax collections, remittance and accruals for both US and
- Oversee the international entities and consolidation process
- Own intercompany receivables, payables, reconciliations along with
administration of cost plus environment (transfer pricing)
- Assist in the annual audit process including evidence gathering for external
auditors and the group accounting department
- Identify and drive accounting process improvement with a focus on future
Experienced Required to apply for this role:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 4-6 years of accounting experience
- Big 4/Public accounting required
- SAAS and startup experience a plus
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a remote first
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to
effectively communicate cross-functionally at all levels in an efficient manner
- Highly motivated with the ability to work in a rapidly changing global and
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- CPA Required
What You'll Love About Apollo
Besides the great compensation package and culture that thrives in openness and excellence, we invest tremendous effort into developing our remote employees' careers. The team embraces that we have a sole purpose: to help customers maximize their full revenue potential on the Apollo platform. This mindset opens us up to a lot of creative approaches to making customers successful at scale. You'll be a significant part of a lean, remote team, empowered to really own your role as a proactive educator. We're very collaborative at Apollo, so you'll be able to lean on your teammates, even in adjacent departments, to help you achieve lofty goals. You'll be supported and encouraged to experiment and take educated risks that lead to big wins. And, you'll have a whole team remotely by your side to help you do it!
Company name: Apollo
Remote job title: Accounting Manager
Job tags: Big 4, CPA, Software as a Service