Senior Enablement Specialist
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the Enablement Team
As a part of the Enablement Team, you will have the opportunity to impact the growth and development of Thumbtack's frontline operations teams, ranging from sales, success, customer support and Trust & Safety. You will join a fast-paced team that works on a wide variety of initiatives that support Thumbtack's mission of providing a great experience in our marketplace for both our pros and customers.
About the Role
We're looking for an Sr. Enablement Specialist to work with our remote sales, service and support, and Trust and Safety teams. This is a remote position. The Senior Enablement Specialist will play a pivotal role in helping develop eLearning and certification programs for the teams we support. The Senior Enablement Specialist will design, develop and deliver new e-learning materials, facilitate instructor led training, facilitate new hire training, and lead new Enablement initiatives.
- Design & create learning materials, including new hire onboarding curricula, ongoing skill refresher training, and career development programs including scoping, design, development, delivery and assessment using a variety of delivery modalities
- Collaborate closely with the Content, Enablement and Operations teams to design a variety of learning solutions to meet business needs
- Delivery of virtual classroom training
- Design, deliver and track effectiveness of Enablement initiatives
- Work in a self-directed manner and report back on multiple projects, sometimes with rapidly evolving needs
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- At least 3 - 5 years experience in sales or revenue enablement with emphasis on virtual learning and adult learning concepts using a mix of written, visual and interactive designs
- Proficient with design tools, such as Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Rise, and Captivate and how to implement them within a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple training and design projects and consult with subject matter experts and key stakeholders
- At least 2-3 years experience delivering classroom training, virtual and/or in-person
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) and collaboration skills
Bonus points if you have
- Experience designing and implementing Enablement initiatives and strategies
- 2-3 years experience working with a tech company
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.* Learn more about our virtual-first working model here.
For candidates living in San Francisco / Bay Area, New York City, or Seattle metros, the expected salary range for the role is currently $76,500 - $103,500. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.For candidates living in all other US locations, the expected salary range for this role is currently $65,025 - $87,975. Actual offered salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as calibrated job level, qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role.
#LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Senior Enablement Specialist
Job tags: Tool Design, Articulate Storyline, Learning Management Systems