Trust and Safety Manager
Remote job description
A home is the biggest investment most people make, and yet, it doesn't come with a manual. That's why we're building the only app homeowners need to effortlessly manage their homes - knowing what to do, when to do it, and who to hire. With Thumbtack, millions of people care for what matters most, and pros earn billions of dollars through our platform. And as one of the fastest-growing companies in a $600B+ industry - we must be doing something right.
We are driven by a common goal and the deep satisfaction that comes from knowing our work supports local economies, helps small businesses grow, and brings homeowners peace of mind. We're seeking people who continually put our purpose first: advocating for pros and customers, embracing change, and choosing teamwork every day.
At Thumbtack, we're creating a new era of home care. If making an impact and the chance to do good inspires you, join us. Imagine what we'll build together.
Thumbtack by the Numbers
- Available nationwide in all 3,143 U.S. counties
- 75 million+ projects started on Thumbtack
- About 4 million customers in the last 12 months
- Pros earn billions on our platform
- About 10 million 5-star reviews for our stellar pros
- 1000+ employees and $3.2 billion valuation (June, 2021)
About the team
As a Leader on our Trust and Safety Team, you will have the opportunity to work on some of Thumbtack Support's most interesting and challenging issues. You will support our front-line specialists on issues that are integral to Thumbtacks' mission and longevity by ensuring our marketplace standards and policies are upheld.
About the role
You are an integral part of protecting the Thumbtack brand. You have a positive attitude and the willingness to help our users in whatever way possible within difficult situations. You thrive in ambiguity and are dedicated to helping users from problem to solution.
- Lead a team of frontline specialists in providing incredible support to customers with trust and safety concerns
- Coach and develop your team to investigate disputes between users to help reach a positive outcome
- Manage and mentor your team to develop to their full potential
- Help instill appropriate standards of customer support and service in some of the most sensitive situations and mitigate risk
- Create/lead MTS projects essential to the success of the team and the integrity of the Thumbtack marketplace
- Willingness to jump on any new project/responsibility that comes up with a sense of determination.
What you'll need
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.
- 3+ Years in a leadership role (please do not apply if you do not have leadership experience)
- Proven coaching abilities - your past team members want to follow you because you inspire and teach them to be better.
- Business acumen - ability to understand data and give recommendations.
- Strong problem solving skills and a natural talent for process improvement.
- Confident in their good judgment and decision making abilities- can navigate difficult situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong verbal communication, ability to establish a connection and trust with specialists and departmental leaders.
Bonus points if you have
- Previous experience on a Trust and Safety, Fraud Prevention, or advanced Customer Support Team
- Legal Knowledge/Expertise
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Canada or the Philippines.*
Learn more about our virtual-first working model here. #LI-RemoteBenefits & Perks
- Virtual-first working model coupled with in-person events
- 20+ company-wide holidays including two week-long shutdowns
- Libraries (collaborative workspaces) in San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto, and Manila
- Stipends for remote work support, home office set-up and Thumbtack services (North America)
- WiFi reimbursements
- Cell phone reimbursements (North America)
- Employee Assistance Program for mental health and well-being
Learn More About Us
- Life @ Thumbtack Blog
- How Thumbtack is embracing virtual work
- Follow us on LinkedIn
- Meet the pros who inspire us
Thumbtack embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, state, or local law. We also will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law.
Thumbtack is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation for a medical condition or disability during any part of the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Thumbtack
Remote job title: Trust and Safety Manager
Job tags: Trust and Safety, Business Acumen, fraud-prevention