Staff Corporate Security Engineer
Remote job description
We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we're building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you're ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There's no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work - whether it's from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop - while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We're looking for an experienced security engineer to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
Our goal is to run the world's most trusted and secure grocery delivery platform. We work across all layers of our infrastructure to ensure we deploy trustworthy systems and protect our customers', shoppers', and partners' data.
As our first engineer dedicated full time to corporate security, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. You will work with leads across the security and IT teams to develop our corporate security strategy, and then be able to own the execution and building out of that strategy.
About the Team
The Infrastructure Security team is a full stack team responsible for ensuring the security of our corporate and production networks. We build out security primitives that ensure engineers can deploy secure by default infrastructure, develop the security controls that keep our corporate network and assets secure, and then own the detection platform that ensures our infrastructure and assets continue to be secure.
We partner with:
- Infrastructure Engineering - To ensure that corporate security controls are built into our engineering workflows.
- IT - To build with and help them prioritize the right security improvements which ensure minimal impact to employee velocity.
- Instacart Subsidiaries - To help them have best in class security in their own corporate environments.
About the Job
- Deploy the systems and automations that ensure our corporate environment has best in class security.
- Be the security partner for our IT team. Uplevel their security skills and ensure they continue to prioritize security effectively.
- Own and manage Instacart's corporate security roadmap, and work with our detection and response team to ensure controls are monitored.
- Develop and operationalize our vulnerability management program for our corporate network and assets.
- 10+ years of experience in the Information Security field, including operational security monitoring experience with tools such as osQuery and Crowdstrike.
- Strong background in corporate security systems and best practices relating to zero trust environments, Okta, Google Workspace, BeyondCorp, email security, etc.
- Experience developing tools and automation using common devops toolsets and programming languages.
- Experience working in or with SRE or detection engineering and response teams
- Excellent communication skills - ability to serve as a security advocate and evangelist.
Instacart provides highly market-competitive compensation and benefits in each location where our employees work. This role is remote and the base pay range for a successful candidate is dependent on their permanent work location. Please review our Flex First remote work policy here.
Offers may vary based on many factors, such as candidate experience and skills required for the role. Additionally, this role is eligible for a new hire equity grant as well as annual refresh grants. Please read more about our benefits offerings here.
For US based candidates, the base pay ranges for a successful candidate are listed below.
OR, DE, ME, MA, MD, NH, RI, VT, DC, PA, VA, CO, TX, IL, HI
All other states
Company name: Instacart
Remote job title: Staff Corporate Security Engineer
Job tags: automation, Okta, Corporate Security