Staff Cloud Security Engineer
Remote job description
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there's a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Reddit Security team is rapidly developing, and this is an opportunity to get in and have an outsized impact on a highly skilled and motivated team. We look for humble experts with a relentlessly resourceful and entrepreneurial, "can do" view of security. We want to deliver facts and not FUD to the business to enable Reddit to manage risk more effectively. Culture is important to us and a learning and developing mentality is vital regardless of the work assigned. If you are passionate about security engineering, and making it easy for peers to adopt security best practices, we need you. The ideal candidate will work to modernize Reddit's security controls and monitoring across our cloud environments, operating systems, and authentication and admin services. We are building secure, paved roads and making the secure solution the easiest solution.
What You'll Do:
- Build and design tools and processes for automating security controls and monitoring at scale
- Build, operate and maintain identity and access management solutions
- Assist the team in improving our incident response capabilities
- Guide our infrastructure teams in implementing security best practices for cloud environments.
- Lead security initiatives across the organization and harden our infrastructure against attack
- Represent Reddit's security program outside of the company at security conferences
What We Can Expect From You:
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering, or a Development focused role.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Go, Python, C, C++, Java, Perl, Rust
- A demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- (preferred) Experience building and scaling identity and access management systems and services
- (preferred) Experience with infrastructure as code and config management (e.g. Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- (preferred) Experience with AWS, GCP and Kubernetes
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Staff Cloud Security Engineer
Job tags: cloud security, Reliability Engineering, Terraform