Sr Dev Ops Engineer
Remote job description
Alcumus is the UK's market-leading provider of technology led compliance and risk management solutions, our purpose is to help organizations be safer, healthier, and stronger.
eCompliance and ContractorCheck as North America's extension to Alcumus:
eCompliance is the #1 software solution for improving worker participation in safety activities across blue collar industries. With a mission to eliminate 1 million workplace incidents, we are the fastest growing company keeping everyday people safe on the job each and every day. We are committed to developing an awesome product that makes an impact on the lives of others, wow-ing our customers, and creating a world-class company culture.
ContractorCheck is an innovative software company. As an independent third-party, ContractorCheck provides contractor management and compliance for clients, and awards health and safety pre-qualification accreditation to contractors across Canada. With a mission to be the risk management company most committed to its innovation, people, and dedication to client service. Our people feel a strong sense of purpose by keeping other people safe. At ContractorCheck, we want you to enjoy coming to work so we are dedicated to building a fun and inclusive company culture.
Upholding the Company Values
Know your stuff -Ensure you have the technical knowhow you need. Keep building and improving on it every day.
Be brave -Speak up, find a way and dare to try. Take accountability for the part you play.
Be a team player -Be inclusive, both within your immediate team and across the business. Help your stakeholders to achieve their potential.
Enjoy the journey -Work hard, keep perspective and have fun along the way. Take a positive and constructive outlook to help drive change.
Alcumus' DevOps team has a fantastic opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join our team either for our offices in Calgary or Toronto, or via a Remote Worker arrangement. We are looking for you to to bring your skills, work experience and knowledge of the DevOps lifecycle with you and put them to work at Alcumus.
This position is an exciting role where you will help play a key part in optimizing our cloud strategy by ensuring our initiatives move seamlessly from development through rollout and into production. It'll be your responsibility to assess the viability of new product functionality and introduce new capabilities while also mitigating risks and making sure systems are reliable and robust.
Engineering (North America) builds and supports the products we sell to create Safer, Healthier and Stronger Organizations. We achieve this via four pillars of focus:
- we resolve bugs in our software as quickly as possible to minimize customer impact and drive product retention,
- we develop the product with rich features to attract new clients and keep existing ones,
- we drive product resiliency by preventing bugs from occurring and ensuring our infrastructure meets our 99.99% uptime target, and lastly,
- we ensure we run our team and infrastructure as efficiently as possible to support a healthy business bottom line.
The department owns the development, support and maintenance of 3 products for Alcumus in the North American market, with more exciting product and associated project work on the way!
- Co-own the DevOps Lifecycle.
- Manage, Plan, Create, Verify, Package, Release, Configure, Monitor, Secure and Defend
- Work within several squads and support the successful execution to their missions, and attend squad Standup Meetings, Retrospectives, and Planning
- Use and be familiar with the latest tools and technologies and be at the forefront of innovation.
- Work with the Product team to ensure highest priority work is scheduled correctly, and that feature delivery achieves the squad's mission
- Be talented, highly motivated, and passionate about software quality and continuously strive to improve your skills and the quality of our software products
- +5 years Source Control (Git, Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Infrastructure Automation (Terraform, Ansible, Helm)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (Jenkins, helmfile, Kubernetes, CDK)
- 3+ years Secrets Management (Vault)
- 5+ years Container Concepts (Docker, kaniko)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Cloud VMs)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to understand the how the entire organization works.
- Help develop a strategy and environment to simplify and accelerate processes and achieve goals.
- Comfortable starting with ambiguity and leading groups towards clarity.
- Broad understanding of tools and technologies
- Security training
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools
- Meaningful experience working with teams to develop:
- Unit tests
- Integration test
- e2e tests
- Load Tests
We will be Impressed By
- Exposure to / supported the implementation of CI/CD processes
- Experience working with AWS and Azure
- Experience with applications running in Kubernetes clusters
- Experience working with BI/Reporting Solutions such as Izenda, Looker, PowerBI, etc. are an asset
- Experience working with KeyCloak or other tools supporting Authentication / Authorization
- Understanding of Domain Driven Design (DDD) and Test-Driven Design (TDD)
- Excellent communication and team skills (remote working experience).
- Excellent knowledge of agile software development practices, and examples of providing leadership in supporting these practices in the workplace
***Option to work fully remote anywhere in Canada. You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.***
The Alcumus Advantage
At Alcumus we encourage inclusiveness, purpose and innovation. We offer flexible work hours, birthdays off, bi-weekly lunch, team socials, happy hours and career progression in a high growth environment.
Due to COVID-19 the Alcumus team are currently working from home. We have the tools, instruction and a brilliant team to set you up for work from home success!
The typical recruitment process for shortlisted candidates will be an initial conversation with the recruitment team followed by two/three stages of interviews.
These may take place via telephone, Microsoft Teams or face to face. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
References will be requested for those candidates selected in the final interview stage.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Alcumus is an equal opportunity workplace. All candidates will be afforded equal opportunity through the recruiting process. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and/or expression. We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.
If you want to join a company that strives for a mission, purpose and making an impact in the lives of others, we encourage you to apply today.
Job title: Sr Dev Ops Engineer at Alcumus () (allows remote)
Job tags: azure, microservices, kubernetes