Site Reliability Engineer Managed Attribution
Remote job description
Flashpoint delivers actionable intelligence that empowers organizations of all sizes to take rapid, decisive actions to protect against threats. The company's technology, advanced data collections, and human-powered analysis uniquely enable teams to mitigate threats related to cybersecurity, fraud, insider threats, corporate and physical security, executive protection, and third-party risk. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What are we looking for
Our best engineers are collaborative and selfless. They enjoy writing code but they prioritize mentoring and supporting others. They leave code cleaner than when they found it but don't insist on particular patterns. They optimize for simplicity and readability. They are involved in the full lifecycle of software development: understanding the requirements, designing the solution, writing the code, testing the code, testing the integration, deploying it to production, and monitoring the deployment. They are fully engaged in the problem domain.
What you will do
- Architect and maintain infrastructure for a new team building industry leading capabilities in remote access and remote working in a post covid world. This team will develop tools to aid customers in remote research and analysis on the deep and dark web safely.
- Ensure our systems are secure, available, scalable, and monitored.
- Create observability tooling to help the team debug, understand, and tune applications and services.
- Write tools to automate processes and deployments.
- Write empathetic documentation and runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other.
- Help bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the reliability and performance challenges we face.
- Apply your honesty, strong sense of morals and ethics, and sense of responsibility towards making Flashpoint and those around you smarter, stronger, and kinder.
- Identify opportunities for automation and drive process improvements.
What you will bring
- 2 - 5 years experience working on infrastructure engineering or site reliability.
- Expertise with Kubernetes and Linux.
- Proficient with a programming language. We predominantly use Python.
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high level design patterns.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and leverage new technologies.
- Good understanding of privacy and security.
- An organized work ethic.
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right.
What else would be great
- Experience with Ansible, Terraform, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Experience working with remote desktop tools such as RDP and VNC.
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company's culture isn't something you join, it's something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That's why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified? Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile.
Company name: Flashpoint
Remote job title: Site Reliability Engineer - Managed Attribution at Flashpoint () (allows remote)
Job tags: python, ci/cd, gcp