Site Reliability Engineer Front End Infrastructure
Remote job description
We have a remote-first culture and this position can be based anywhere from Australia or New Zealand. This role can be fully remote or a hybrid if you are in Melbourne. We encourage you to work in the way that best suits you.
Join us on our mission to make a better world of work
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 5,000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, we empower companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp every day.
Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the US, UK, and Australia. We're recognized as one of the world's top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work on our website.
The Front End Foundations team in Culture Amp's Product Group owns the shared tools and frameworks that our product teams use to build the Culture Amp platform. This includes build and deploy automation based on Buildkite and AWS CDK, as well as a new React application framework based on Next.js. As a growing number of teams depend on these tools, Front End Foundations needs another Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to design and build the unique blend of serverless infrastructure and front end architecture that powers them.
As a part of this team of amazing humans,
You will help to
- Design, build, evolve, and maintain Culture Amp's foundational front end ecosystem and underlying tools used by all its product engineering teams,
- Own and drive changes that increase the productivity of Culture Amp engineers working on UI codebases,
- Write documentation and provide support for people using your team's products, and
- Ultimately, create a great developer experience.
You should have
- Interest or experience in serverless infrastructure automation (e.g. AWS Lambda and CDK),
- A demonstrated interest in "the back of the front end" (front end architecture, frameworks like Next.js, build and deploy tools, etc.), and
You should be someone who
- Thinks deeply about systems - their edge cases, failure modes, and life cycles,
- Knows their way around the modern front end ecosystem, and has worked on complex web applications,
- Communicates thoughtfully, especially in technical writing for other engineers, a lover of good docs,
- Is excited to learn new skills and technologies - there's probably a lot you'll need to learn before you feel fully productive in this role, and
- Shares our passion for making a better world of work.
You should believe that creating well-tested, clean code is just as important for tools as it is for the application code. You should enjoy being surrounded by skilled engineers, learning from others, as well as contributing to their development.
Our teams are remote-friendly, and all embrace flexible working arrangements. We use GitHub to collaborate and review each other's code as pull requests. We deliver to production via continuous integration and delivery using Buildkite (or GitHub Actions where Buildkite is not a great fit).
Please keep reading!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles unless they meet all the criteria - unlike majority candidates that meet significantly fewer of the requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you're at all interested: we'd love to learn how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not only for company performance, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to anti-racism and lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). View our current commitments to anti-racism.
We ensure you have the tools and support you need to thrive, both inside and outside of work:
- A MacBook - for you to do great work where it suits you
- Share options - it's important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in-work support program - for those starting or growing their family
- Flexible working arrangements - wherever we can we aim to make work support the life you want to lead
- Fun and inclusive digital and (in the future) in-person events
- And most importantly: an opportunity to make a real difference in people's lives
Company name: Culture Amp
Remote job title: Site Reliability Engineer Front End Infrastructure
Job tags: saas / subscription, professional services, business services, hr