Services Sales Engagement Manager
Remote job description
Biotechnology is rewriting life as we know it, from the medicines we take, to the crops we grow, the materials we wear, and the household goods that we rely on every day. But moving at the new speed of science requires better technology.
Benchling's mission is to unlock the power of biotechnology. The world's most innovative biotech companies use Benchling's R&D Cloud to power the development of breakthrough products and accelerate time to milestone and market.
Come help us bring modern software to modern science.
- The Services Sales Engagement Manager (SSEM) is responsible for setting our customers up for success and representing the entire value proposition and effort behind a Benchling professional services implementation. This is a meaningful role in ensuring successful customer engagements during the scoping and planning phase to establish the right strategy for implementation success for global and named market segments in the biopharma industry. The SSEM is an integral part of the sales cycle, acting as a solution expert working in close alignment with the Benchling Sales, Professional Services, and Customer Success Teams.
- Utilizing their software implementation and Benchling product experience they will structure the right solution, set the right expectations, and identify the appropriate project charter; including staffing, timeframes, and associated costs. Delivery of Proposals and Statements of Work (SOW) is a key deliverable from the SSEM, along with potential implementation partner recommendation and strategic alignment of the team prior to project start.
- The SSEM may also support RFI/RFPs and support proposal presentations to customers along with the Sales team.
- Align closely with sales teams to provide implementation proposals and establish confidence with prospects in our ability to deliver
- Set client and internal partner expectations accurately with a focus on long-term success
- Provide awareness and alignment with the partner ecosystem
- Position support, training, and other solutions that may be needed for a successful customer experience
- 5+ years experience delivering consulting services, including involvement in selling services
- Pharma, biotech, or medical device/diagnostics industry experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, executive-level presence, and experience in facilitation
- Ability to engage audiences of varying perception levels including the C-suite
- Collaborative and consultative work style
- Focus on customer success mentality and innovation in work practices
- Proven success in selling services
- Ability to travel to customer sites
Benchling takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The candidate's starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, interview performance, and work location.
- ZONE 1: $163,370 - $221,030
- ZONE 2: $147,033 - $198,927
- ZONE 3: $138,865 - $187,876
To help you determine which zone applies to your location, please see this resource. If you have questions regarding a specific location's zone designation, please contact a recruiter for additional information.
Total Compensation includes the following:
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% premiums covered for health, dental, and vision for employees
- Fertility healthcare and family-forming benefits
- Four months of fully paid parental leave
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Commuter benefits
- Home office stipend
- Mental health benefits + Wellness stipend
- Learning and development stipend
- Generous PTO
- Company-wide Summer & Winter holiday shutdown
- Sabbaticals for 5-year and 10-year anniversaries
Benchling welcomes everyone.
We believe diversity enriches our team so we hire people with a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer. That means we don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For applicants for U.S.-based roles only: All new hires in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of employment. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Benchling may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases if doing so would cause undue hardship.
Company name: Benchling
Remote job title: Services Sales Engagement Manager
Job tags: Perception, Medical Devices, Diagnostics