Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Remote job description
Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.3T U.S. construction industry. We strive to empower lenders, owners, builders, and vendors with innovative software, payment products & services that enable participants to manage risk, maximize productivity and collaboration to ensure better cost management as capital flows into and throughout the construction industry. Founded in 2015, Built now serves more than 140 of the top financial institutions in the US and Canada, including 35+ of the top 100 US construction lenders.
In addition to our recent $88M Series C funding, we're proud to have been named one of Forbes' Top 100 Startup Employers in America for 2021. Bringing on the "best talent in the world" is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory-and we want you to be part of it.
We're looking for a Senior SRE Engineer to performance test our critical shared services, where changes can have significant cascading effects on the system as a whole - for better or for worse. Our ideal teammates are exceptionally thoughtful and creative as well as rigorous, vigilant, detail-oriented professionals.
The Ideal Candidate is:
- A quick learner - building a shared understanding of complex domains, with the team and with an eye to future unknown needs, risks, and opportunities.
- Iterative delivery - breaking large technical and business opportunities into small units of value, delivered on a regular cadence.
- Exceptional quality - automated testing and comprehensive change verification are core to this team's success.
- Trailblazer & Educator - setting new technical precedents and creating constraints, while documenting and educating engineers on new tools and patterns.
- Collaborative, non-binary decision-maker - the ability to contribute relatively unbiased to group decision making, using tools such as a decision matrix.
- Experience testing efficient and secure APIs
- Familiarity with multiple data persistence technologies
- Experience with Locust, JMeter, and other standard test frameworks
- Developing and mentoring more junior developers across multiple teams
- Ability to understand abstract concepts and turn them into concrete deliverables
- Professional working experience with containerization and rebuilding environments
- Familiarity with AWS and ECS, Lambda based development and production environments
- Experience introducing SRE best practices into an organization
- Experience creating CI/CD pipelines with pre/post-deployment checks
- Significant understanding of cloud infrastructure design and optimization
- Advanced knowledge of Docker and orchestration of containers in a service architecture
- Experience testing many AWS services such as Lambdas, SQS, Kinesis, and their use together
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including Uncapped Vacation; Health, Dental & Vision Insurance; and 401k
For those in our Nashville HQ: Weekly Team Lunches and a Kitchen loaded with all the essentials to keep you productive
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines-and each of them bring their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it's our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we're committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.Summary
Company name: Built
Remote job title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Job tags: saas / subscription, software