Senior Network Operations Engineer
Custom Ink , LLC
Remote job description
We seek a friendly, reliable, and highly motivated individual with strong communication and collaboration skills to join the Infrastructure Technology Team. As a member of this team, you will provide our team members with IT Operations support for all of our office and facilities across the US. You must be a positive and proactive problem-solver with the ability to think on your feet while providing excellent customer service.
What you'll do:
As a Senior Network Engineer, you will provide production support, DevOps integration and technical support. Daily tasks will include troubleshooting and resolving IT related issues to include firewalls, routers, networking, performance, Linux, and Windows. Additional tasks will include managing ticket queue, monitoring usage, participating in on-call rotation, managing alarms, and configuring Zabbix/Nagios.
Self-motivation and ability to learn on the job is vital to your success. You will be fanatical about customer satisfaction, possess the ability and desire to master new and relevant technologies, and be able to effectively translate these into your daily responsibilities. In this role you should be comfortable taking ownership over small projects with minimal direction.
This role will report into our Office Technology Manager and is remote optional. Some travel may be required.
What we're looking for:
This position requires flexibility to work additional hours and be on-call when necessary. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- 6+ years of IT/Network experience
- Academic background in IT/Computer Science is preferred
- Experience with entire Cisco Meraki stack (route, switch, firewall, wireless and security cameras)
- Analysis of system logs and the ability to identify potential issues with network infrastructure
- Subject matter expert for the integration, planning, design, and implementation of data networks, network security devices, telecommunications devices, and associated monitoring and management systems
- Experience Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network architecture across multiple sites
- Experience with Networking and Linux is required; a background of Ansible/Chef/Puppet, phone systems and Windows Server is preferred
- Experience with network security conducting regular security audits, preparing security status reports, educating users on computer security, creating security documentation for users
- Basic understanding of managing in an IaaS/PaaS is required; familiarity of Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud (GCP) or Azure is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, including on-call and infrequent after-hours support
- Experience as primary point of contact and demonstrated expertise with end-user
- Experience with system implementations and process improvements
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills
This position requires advanced skills in most of these technologies:
- Network administration of one platform (Cisco, Meraki, Force10, Juniper, Brocade)
- IP Phone system administration (Asterisk, Cisco, Shoretel)
- Monitor and alarming software to include Nagios, Zabbix, NewRelic and Sumologic/Splunk
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails, nginx/apache is plus
In addition, you must share our company values-practicing the Golden Rule, taking Ownership and driving and embracing Innovation.
What you'll get:
There are lots of attractive opportunities for someone like you, so here's what makes this one special:
- It's a company you can take pride in
- You'll be part of a fun, collaborative, and effective team
- Within your own group, you'll be starting with terrific people
We provide competitive compensation and great benefits. This is a special opportunity to help create tremendous value in our fun, intense, and results-oriented environment.
We strive to live by the Golden Rule and create an environment that supports Team Members both professionally and personally. You can look forward to:
- Working for a nationally & locally recognized top employer with competitive pay, benefits, and perks
- Volunteer opportunities through our "Three Hearts Volunteer Team"
- 15 paid days off in your first year. Bumps up to 25 in your second!
- Low premiums and co-pays for medical and dental with no in-network deductible
- Free vision insurance
- 401(k) match, life insurance, and company paid Short and Long Term Disability
- T-shirts and jeans welcome!
- A focus on "team" with fun & engaging events like virtual happy hours/coffee talks, company-wide meetings, and Town Halls to stay up-to-date on the business
- Looking for a discount on a bunch of items ranging from health, home, travel, auto and more? We offer a Perks at Work program to all Inkers.
Please submit a letter of interest with your application.
CustomInk, LLC (""Custom Ink"") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in all forms and are committed to maintaining a discrimination-free workplace that treats applicants and employees with dignity and respect. Our employment process is conducted without regard to race, color, religion, nationality or ethnic background, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other attributes protected by state, federal, and local law.
Custom Ink uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new team members. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please click here.
Read about our commitment to the safety of our team members during COVID-19 here.
Company name: Custom Ink , LLC
Remote job title: Senior Network Operations Engineer