Senior DevSec Engineer , UK Based
Remote job description
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors – to create jobs, support local communities and power economies – because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help realise their goals.
So, we created the leading small business loan platform. Investors have lent £9.8 billion in 130,000 loans to 90,000 small business owners. In a single year, this lending unlocked 115,000 jobs and contributed £6.5 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever.
This role sits within the Tech Security teams. The drivers behind our platform – brilliant people working together to create, code, and build the next game changers.
What will you be doing?
As a security engineer in our DevSec team you will be responsible for ensuring that security is embedded and automated within the SDLC using the latest security tools and DevOps practices. This is a hands-on DevSec role where the candidate will be helping to implement security tools and work with teams to shift security left and to promote secure-by-design principles.
To do this you will:
- Implement automated security tooling
- Promote a DevSec Culture, including training and forums
- Work with engineering teams to help remediate vulnerabilities within their pipelines
- Properly balance security risk against the other needs of the business
- Triage issues found by tools, external reports, and various tests, to accurately assess the real risks
- Offer your expertise to other specialists in the designing and building of secure software across our business
You have experience in and enjoy the following:
- Security Professional - A foundation and in-depth technical knowledge of security engineering
- Collaboration - Engagement with the InfoSec team and other stakeholders, and you are comfortable doing this remotely
- Automating - Experience scripting and optimizing day-to-day operations, workflows, and security tools
- Can describe the lifecycle of code through a pipeline and into production
- Previous experience in a security role, or a role that works closely with development/engineering teams
- Cloud security experience (preferably Amazon Web Services)
- Excellent communication skills, in both technical and non-technical topics
- Bonus points for...
- Previous experience working with security tooling in DevOps and Cloud environments
- Terraform knowledge
- SAST, SCA Experience
- Will to learn new technologies and take initiative
- Cloud Custodian knowledge
- Why should you join us?
- We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet – and it's being driven by tech.
That means full steam ahead working on our global platform and real challenges for you to noodle and solve – as we build new things, reimagine the stack and go after the greenfield.
We believe that great ideas come from everywhere. So, there are no pigeonholes here. We keep it agile and open. Think big remits and huge ownership in a continuous learning environment. Close knit teams, with mentorships and global career opportunities. Everyone working together to make a genuine difference to small business owners.
- Join the team making it happen. Help us define long-term commitments and launch the next game changers – let's build the incredible.
- It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
- At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better. We particularly encourage applications from applicants from underrepresented backgrounds. We welcome applicants who may want to work flexibly - this position is available to be remote within the UK.
- Want to Build the Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.
Senior DevSec Engineer - Remote, UK Based
Tags: fintech, lending, marketplace, smb