Senior DevOps Engineer
Remote job description
Do you have a passion for automation and open source? Do you enjoy problem solving and making complex applications work perfectly? Do you enjoy working closely with Developers and writing scripts/code to automate all aspects of hybrid cloud operations? Then Amobee is the place for you.
We are hiring Sr. DevOps Engineers! As a member of the DevOps Services team, you will be embedded into one or more of our software engineering teams to provide operational service. You will be responsible for delivering service to your assigned team and agnostic solutions to the entire Amobee Engineering organization. You will operate infrastructure and ensure all services are monitored, healthy, automated, and scalable. Tasks will range from bringing new infrastructure online to building and improving application pipelines to troubleshooting issues from the system level up to the application itself. You will strive to bridge the gap between operations and development to push the entire organization forwards and to build shared visions across engineering teams.
- Serve on the DevOps Services Engineering team; responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of the Amobee production environment
- Contribute to the implementation and design of systems and networks used to operate production infrastructure with a focus on automation
- Design, implement and manage continuous pipeline services for the Engineering organization.
- Take a consulting approach to bring operations expertise to the application design and development process
- Develop tools to monitor infrastructure and custom applications
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack
- Document system design and application operation procedures
- Build, monitor and tune production systems
- Take part in a shared 24x7 on-call rotation with the support of a full-time NOC
- 5+ years experience working in large-scale production environments
- Strong troubleshooting skills and experience with Linux
- Advanced understanding of Linux, Networking, and Internet principles
- Programming skills in one or more scripting languages
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure and applications using tools like Nagios, Prometheus & InfluxDB
- Experience with automation tools such as Chef, Terraform or Ansible
- Experience with both cloud and physical infrastructure (AWS a plus)
- Experience with container management solutions such as Kubernetes
- Experience managing & tuning java services in a production environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Experience implementing technologies with a focus on operability, reliability, and scalability
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent technical experience)
- Experience with message queues (Kafka a plus)
- Experience with high volume transactional fleets processing billions of requests per day.
- Experience with support services such as Consul, Zookeeper & ELK
- Experience with noSQL solutions (Couchbase a plus)
- Experience with big data systems (EMR, Spark & Hive a plus)
- Experience running, performance testing & tuning Java applications (Spring Cloud a plus)
- Experience with object oriented languages (Java a plus)
The world's leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune's Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee's platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.
Company: Amobee, Inc
Job title: Senior DevOps Engineer at Amobee, Inc (Reston, VA) (allows remote)
Job tags: ansible, docker, aws, kubernetes, terraform