Remote job description
At Pilot Information Security, work is more than a job - it's a calling to engineer safety, innovate and have fun. Are you ready to join an amazing team of passionate and driven individuals to help build security and resilience into assets, systems and networks? If so, let's talk. This role will be a key member of our Information Security team, responsible for maintaining our threat and vulnerability management program, while maturing the security of our cloud resources, networks, applications and systems.
- Designing, implementing and deploying security automation and services capable of identifying security threats and vulnerabilities (e.g., OWASP Top 10)
- Identifying security gaps in applications, services, and cloud infrastructure and recommending protective measures
- Developing security threat models and providing security assessments
- Building secure access controls and an Integrated SIEM and SOAR Workflow
- Providing security guidance to application and service owners to remediate security vulnerabilities
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant experience and preferably BS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience automating security processes within the CI/CD pipeline
- The ability to utilize infrastructure management tooling (e.g.,Terraform, Ansible, Salt) to enable consistent hardening and security configurations in AWS
- Familiarity with security systems, including WAF, IPS, IDS
- Scripting skills for variety of tasks, including pentesting
- Deep understanding of networking and the inner workings of operating systems
- Experience in performing memory forensics; knowledge of pentesting methodologies; adversarial tactics, techniques, procedures (TTPs) and MITRE ATT&CK framework is a plus
Pilot launched in 2017 to bring the back office into the modern era. Pilot provides small businesses with dedicated finance experts - which Pilot hires as full-time, U.S.-based employees - who learn the ins-and-outs of their business. Pilot integrates directly with the billing, banking, expense, and payroll systems customers already use. With a special blend of custom software and expert bookkeepers, Pilot delivers accurate, consistent bookkeeping and financial management and tax services that give entrepreneurs the freedom to focus on their business.
Pilot has over 1,000 customers and has raised over $170 million in financing from Sequoia, Index Ventures, Stripe, Bezos Expeditions, and Whale Rock. Our investors also include a long list of world-class entrepreneurs, including Patrick and John Collison, Drew Houston, and Diane Greene. Our most recent funding round doubled our valuation to $1.2 billion ?" Meet Fintech's Newest Unicorn.
- We invest in our employees' development and happiness because our employees are the keys to our success and ensuring happy customers
- The opportunity to join a seasoned founding team that has led companies through two prior successful startups and acquisitions (by Oracle and Dropbox).
- Flexible vacation/time-off policy
- All federal holidays are observed
- 100% coverage of employee only (individual) benefits
- Parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents ?" 100% pay for 12 weeks
- 401(k) plan
Recruitment fraud is a sophisticated scam offering fake job opportunities. This type of fraud can occur through false websites, impostor LinkedIn profiles, fake job postings on job boards, phishing e-mails claiming to be from the company, etc. The fraudsters often request recipients to provide sensitive personal or financial information (SSN, bank account, etc.) and/or to make payments.
Please note that employment offers and any requests for information will always be made by a Pilot employee with a @pilot.com email address. If you are receiving an employment inquiry or employment offer from a non @pilot.com email address, please assume it is not genuine. Pilot never asks job seekers to make any payment as part of the recruiting process. If you have any questions about the authenticity of the Pilot recruitment process or an offer that you have received, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have provided monies or other sensitive personal information and suspect you are the victim of fraud, please contact your local authorities or the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-382-4357 or online at ftc.gov/complaint.
RECRUITMENT AGENCY POLICY
Pilot does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Pilot is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Pilot is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We base employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief; national, social, or ethical origin; age; physical, mental, or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; martial, civil union, or domestic partnership status; past or present military service; HIV status; family medical history or genetic information; family or parental status including pregnancy; or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Pilot welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Pilot's demonstrated commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance and the California and Tennessee ban-the-box laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation in the job application process, please reach out to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT E-VERIFY INFORMATION
Federal law requires Pilot to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States, and Pilot participates in the E-Verify program for this purpose. Pilot will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Please read the attached notices, available in English and Spanish, for important information.
Company name: Pilot.com
Remote job title: Security Engineer
Job tags: CI/CD, scripting, Ansible