Remote job description
We're on a mission to free our customers to see the invisible and achieve the impossible. We unlock the value of distributed data by making it fast and easy to access, no matter where it lives. With Starburst, teams can lower the total cost of their infrastructure and analytics investments, prevent vendor lock-in, and use the existing tools that work for their business. Today more than 150 leading organizations trust us to make better decisions faster.
Though Starburst has achieved a unicorn status and raised $164M in venture funding from top investors, we were founded in a rather unusual way with customers and revenue from the very beginning! We operate globally in 10 countries and are proud to be named a Best Place to Work. Come join our team of All-Stars!
About Starburst Galaxy
Our latest product, Starburst Galaxy, provides all the benefits of the best-in-class MPP SQL engine, Trino, on an easy to use, fully-managed and enterprise-ready SaaS platform designed by the open source project's original creators and experts. Having announced General Availability during this year's AWS re:invent conference, we're now aggressively hiring to meet the demand and feature requests we're getting from our customers.
About the role
As a full stack engineer on the fully distributed Starburst Galaxy Security team, you'll work with Trino's original creators and experts to exceed our customers' expectations for Identity and Access Management while also helping to ensure the security of the product itself. Daily tasks will include developing new product features, supporting our product in production, building tools, and collaborating with various stakeholders to ensure the security of the service.
- To develop, debug, and support the Identity and Access Management components of the product including SSO, Role Based Access Control, and Attribute Based Access Control.
- Contributing to secure architecture and design of Starburst Galaxy
- Build and implement security solutions across the product life-cycle, such as standalone security tools, CI/CD pipeline integrations, product security features/fixes, etc.
- Assist in execution of 3rd-party audits, penetration tests, and bug bounty programs.
- Provide considerate and timely review of your peers' pull requests and design proposals
Some things we will look for:
- Passion for Software Engineering in general, an interest in Security Engineering in particular
- Experience developing backend services in Java
- Comfort with implementing web based user interfaces related to security in TypeScript using a modern web frontend framework (React, Angular, Ember, etc)
- Demonstrated ownership and grit, core values we take seriously at Starburst
At Starburst, we're constantly striving towards building a place where people come first by creating an environment of transparency, honesty, and respect. We take care of our global workforce by making sure employees enjoy competitive salaries and attractive stock grants, remote-friendly work options, access to quality and affordable insurance, and flexible and generous paid time off to start a family, travel, or just relax!
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Company name: Starburst
Remote job title: Security Engineer