Security and Systems Administrator
Oberon Technologies Inc.
Remote job description
Position is responsible for the company-wide implementation, maintenance, administration, and security of the company infrastructure, including the Linux (Ubuntu and other distributions), Microsoft Windows, and Mac OSX operating systems, desktops, and servers, as well as a variety of business-critical applications.
- US-based candidates only
- Information and Systems Security experience required.
- Must have experience with ISO 27001 Certification process and implementation.
- Must have the ability to provide security training to members of an organization.
- Responsible for developing and implementing security strategies.
- Must stay abreast of current technological and cybersecurity trends.
- Accountable for addressing risk assessments, risk mitigation and processing of security events and incidents.
- Must provide recommendations for and implementations of needed updates to existing systems.
- Familiarity and experience executing static, dynamic and penetration tests.
- Professional information security certifications.
- Knowledge of the implementation, configuration, and administration of Linux (Ubuntu and other distributions), as well as Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 and above.
- Experience writing Bash, PowerShell, and Batch scripts.
- Familiarity with services such as Docker, Active Directory, and DNS.
- Familiarity with the Amazon Web Services platform, specifically EC2 and VPCs.
- Experience with the installation and configuration of Windows, MacOS, and mobile operating systems, including iOS and Android.
- Keen troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills.
- Familiarity with basic networking terminology and concepts.
- Experience with application support, security, and licensing.
- SIEM and IDS/IDP administration.
- Antivirus/Antimalware policy authoring and threat remediation.
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies in a corporate setting:
- Email - Exchange, SMTP, IMAP, POP, etc.
- Remote Access - Remote Desktop, SSH, TeamViewer, VNC, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Online Meeting/Collaboration - WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Source Control - GIT, SVN, Perforce, CVS, Team Foundation Server, etc.
- Security - OpenSSL, NTLM, Multi-Factor Authentication, RADIUS, SAML, etc.
- Text Editing - NotePad++, VS Code, VIM, CodeWright, Emacs, etc.
- Web Servers - Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, NGINX, Microsoft IIS, etc.
- Web Browsers - Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, etc.
- Ticketing Systems - Jira, FogBugz, osTicket etc.
- Other Services - VoIP, Atlassian Jira, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.
- Backup and Recovery - Virtual machine and cloud snapshots.
- Databases - Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Familiarity with software VPNs and implementation, such as OpenVPN, LogMeIn Hamachi, Cisco AnyConnect, etc.
- Experience writing documentation and training materials.
- Experience with ISO 9001 and other InfoSec certifications and policies.
- Familiarity with AzureAD, Intune, Mobile Device Management
- Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, and to enter data into a computer terminal.
- Ability to see and read a computer screen and printed material, with or without vision aids.
- Able to hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone.
- Speak in audible tones, so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone.
- Physical ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to give and take direction, including training where necessary.
- Must be self-guided and have the desire to learn and work well in an environment with little to no supervision.
Company name: Oberon Technologies Inc.
Remote job title: Security and Systems Administrator at Oberon Technologies Inc. () (allows remote)
Job tags: remote-access, security, svn, backup, database