Return to India Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Remote job description
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT - payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more - in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees' payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps - like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365 - all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $700M from the world's top investors - including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, and Bedrock - and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
Rippling is looking for an India Infrastructure Site Lead to oversee teams in cloud infrastructure, developer platform technologies, and data infrastructure.This leader will have exceptional engineering leadership experience coupled with a proven hands-on background. They will lead the infrastructure teams that manage cloud technologies, data pipelines, CI/CD build and deployment systems, developer tooling, core libraries, debugging and monitoring tools, etc. that support Rippling's continued scalability and performance through a period of hypergrowth.They will work with teams across the organization to explore the company's most challenging technical problems, and develop solutions for them. A successful leader in this role will have exceptional insight on scaling distributed systems, and ability to project influence across the organization, coupled with a hands-on attitude and willingness to drive projects to completion.
What You Will Do
- Create the scalable cloud architecture to host 50,000+ Rippling customers, with lots of head room for scaling
- Lead the design and implementation of the next generation of Rippling's frameworks, including a service oriented architecture, and a platform for ingesting and processing employee data at scale.
- Anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges and create an actionable plan to solve them.
- Build relationships with engineering leaders across all of our teams to understand their needs
- Mentor managers & ICs
- Represent Rippling technology externally, through conferences, papers, and blog posts.
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership in software development
- 8+ years of experience working in senior engineering leadership teams
- At least 4 years of experience as an Engineering Manager in leading small and mid-sized development teams
- Strong people management and career development skills
- Experience in engineering processes, OKRs and KPIs
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with technical and non-engineering stakeholders
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience with large-scale, high-volume SaaS environments
- Prior experience in a Director level role in a 200+ member engineering organization
- Experience in building data pipeline or data processing platforms
- Experience in managing developer productivity/efficiency teams
- Strong understanding of software development, debugging, optimization, and troubleshooting - hands-on experience with writing code
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture
Company name: Rippling
Remote job title: Return to India Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
Job tags: Cloud Architecture, cicd, Data Infrastructure