Lead System Administrator
Kodify Media Group
Remote job description
We have more than 15 years of successful business, producing world-class video content and building, developing, and managing a number of high-traffic websites. Our award-winning content and websites are created exclusively by us and directly for the use of millions of users worldwide.
The team at Kodify is looking for a Lead System Administrator to join us and help us grow! You will be working with our fully remote dev team (20 engineers across multiple EU locations), managing a team of 3 SysAdmins (plus you) and deal with an interesting set of technical challenges: high traffic websites with millions of daily users, top-notch tech stack, new websites launched every year - no day here is ever the same here! With you onboard, we're looking to bring a more unified systems architecture across our products.
What will you do?
As a Team Lead your position will require both technical and management skills. You'll be responsible for a team of 3 plus you. Their growth, careers plan and assistance will be in your responsibilities. We're looking for someone who can define a long term vision for a platform that today exists and supports close to 100M unique visitors a month.
Your daily tasks would include, but not be limited to:
- Improving and maintaining multiple self-hosted Kubernetes clusters on EC2 (+1.20 version)
- Providing platform observability with tools like Kibana, Prometheus, Thanos, Datadog...
- Designing, improving and implement Cloud environment technologies
- Knowledge in Relational and Document oriented databases will be required to drive certain decisions
- Automating, optimizing and documenting all of our processes and technologies
- Being a technology reference to our internal team and respond to requests from devs
- Ensuring our platforms are stable, scalable, and robust
- Being comfortable with the DevOps culture
- Working with a team that contributed to the community in tools like kops, traefik, cilium, kube-aws, heapster (rip), nginx-ingress, helm...
Where and when
From wherever you want, the position is fully remote in the EU.
We're very flexible about when you get your work done, but we do have some core hours where we like to overlap in order to promote collaboration and low-latency communication between team members (10:00 to 15:00 CET).
Our daily virtual stand-ups are important for us but other than that, you're free to manage your own time
What we offer
- Fully remote position or, if preferred, working in our awesome Barcelona office!
- Agile environment
- Top-notch tech stack!
- Upskill Fridays! Our whole tech team takes time on Fridays to improve their skills, learn and research new trends that will allow us to level up our stack and processes
- Hackathons every 6 months!
- Flexible working hours + core hours!
- 10% on top of your salary as a learning and development budget - of your choice!
- Latest tech equipment
- Company Amazon book account!
- Kodify off-sites, quarterly on-sites, events, and team activities!
- Amazing international team!
- ? day off on your birthday;
- Health insurance;
- Generous vacation and personal days;
- Training and development budget;
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 3 years
- Extended parental leave
- Health & Wellness budget
- Cellphone reimbursement for eligible employees
We're looking for someone with the following profile:
- A team player who likes to help others and find solutions together
- Experience with managing teams, preferably in a remote environment
- You have a real 'Can Do' work ethic - We are results-based, not clock-based!
- Your sense of humor will bring a new dynamic to the team - you love to have fun while you work!
- Unix knowledge
- Experience in high traffic environments
- Experience in Cloud providers (especially AWS)
- Comfortable building CI/CD pipelines in GH Actions, Gitlab or Jenkins.
We also really value experience in:
- Prometheus, Grafana, and Observability in general * Kops * Nodejs * Networking
Company name: Kodify Media Group
Remote job title: Lead System Administrator at Kodify Media Group (Barcelona, Spain) (allows remote)
Job tags: node.js, aws, cloud, kubernetes, docker, sysadmin