Head of Corporate Security
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
- The Head of Corporate Security will focus primarily on ….
- Architecting, building and proactively securing corporate infrastructure at scale.
- Securely enabling business functions.
- Corporate Security focuses and collaborates on the following aspects: Implement strong controls such that security incidents are less likely to happen. Have controls in place to ensure that the potential magnitude of an incident is limited. Validate our controls through technical tools and design reviews to ensure the required security policies/standards are met at scale and on an on-going basis.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- This role will manage a team of Security Engineers who -
- Build secure access controls using modern-era tools and techniques (e.g. WebAuthn, SSH over HTTP, Ephemeral access).
- Utilize infrastructure management tooling (Puppet / Chef, Ansible,Terraform) to enable consistent hardening configs and code-driven security configurations in a multi-cloud, on-prem environment (e.g. GCP, Azure, AWS).
- Deploy Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions focusing on PII and PCI related data that may be in SaaS applications (e.g. GSuite, SalesForce, Box) and consider additional DLP strategies.
- Deploy vulnerability management tools across multi-cloud and on-premise infrastructures to detect vulnerabilities and security misconfigurations.
- Help craft the overall security strategy for M&As from due diligence through post-close integration.
- Enable deployment of Chrome OS at scale for customer support agents to significantly reduce attack surface and improve endpoint management.
- Orchestrate security posture checks on all new infrastructure deployments.
- Implement endpoint state attestation tooling.
- Scale proactive security controls to new environments (e.g. acquisitions).
- 7+ years of relevant engineering work experience and 2+ hands-on technical management experience.
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications. Experience building and leading platforms is a plus.
- Retained, mentored and hired senior engineers and leaders with a track record of building productive, world-class engineering teams.
- Effectively worked with senior leadership in setting strategic 6+ month direction.
- Experience with effectively creating alignments with multiple teams and operating well in ambiguity.
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams.
- Actively coached and mentored team members in their careers.
- Been actively involved in setting product strategy.
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering.
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams.
Previous experience at a high growth company in the FinTech space
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Job title: Head of Corporate Security
Job tags: analytics, mobile, transaction fees