Head of Application Security
Remote job description
Join a leading fintech company that's democratizing finance for all.
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
- Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Robinhood is seeking to hire a seasoned leader to help build and manage our application security practice.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Coaching and mentoring Robinhood's talented security engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers.
- Recruiting, developing, and inspiring individual contributors and managers.
- Delivering high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning.
- Applying technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering.
- Improve the quality of Robinhood's products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement.
- Helping build and manage our bug bounty program.
- Bachelors or equivalent 4 year degree.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in Security Researcher/Engineering/AppSec space.
- Strong foundation in computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Experience in web app security, vulnerability research, and penetration testing.
- Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods.
- Familiarity with at least some of the following: Python, Go, Obj-C, C, bash.
- Familiarity with log formats and intrusion detection systems for Linux based systems.
Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
We're looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you're ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we'd love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).
Job title: Head of Application Security
Job tags: analytics, mobile, transaction fees