DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Remote job description
We are looking for a driven, talented Site Reliability Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions, which help organizations fight financial crime! We are building cutting edge solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
As we continue to expand rapidly as a business and engineering team, we are looking for a team member who is excited to explore new technologies and take on new challenges. As a member of the SRE chapter you will also work with other SREs across the organisation.
Since launching in 2014, we have been on a mission to neutralize the risk of money laundering, terrorist financing, corruption, and other financial crime on a global scale. In that time, we have raised over $88m in funding, have four global hubs located in New York, London, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca and are backed by Ontario Teachers', Index Ventures and Balderton Capital.
We aim to grow to over 350 employees in the next 12 months, as we continue to fight the good fight against financial crime and help make compliance less painful for our client base of over 500 enterprises across 75 different countries. We're leveraging game-changing tech to help us on our mission as the financial industry's leading source of AI-driven financial crime risk data and detection technology.
No fight against crime is complete without the right values, and we take ours very seriously!
Focus on the Team - We're Collaborative, Human, and Humble
Kaizen - We're Curious, Proactive and Agile
Deliver Results - We're Tenacious, Accountable and Focused
We can only defeat financial crime if we have the right people with the right values in place to do so, and we're committed to investing in passionate people who are experts in their field. Our culture and working environment is second to none - Don't believe us? See what our employees have to say on Glassdoor.
We are looking for an expert Site Reliability Engineer to join our SRE team. You will be working closely with an existing team, focused on delivering container-based production services - supporting both internal and client-facing APIs.
We run our services in AWS and make heavy use of Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus and Elastic stack, as well as other data systems such as MongoDB, Kafka and *SQL. The areas of responsibility covered by our SREs on a day-to-day basis include:
- Assist with the improvement in Scalability, Availability and Observability of services
- Guidance and/or implementation of monitoring, logging, and alerting systems
- Development of CI pipelines and deployment strategies to help improve velocity and reduce change failure rate.
- Work on the provision of common services and tooling, for use by development teams and other SREs.
- Evaluation and creation of new tools and libraries for use throughout engineering.
- Ability to participate in the on-call rotation with other engineers.
What does success look like after 3 months?
Gain a high-level understanding of:
- CA products, projects, vision and strategy
- All services and teams, including boundaries
Gain a deeper understanding of:
- AWS services we use
- Our tech stack, including filling in knowledge gaps regarding specific technologies
We're looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Extensive experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience with container workloads and container orchestration frameworks (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience with CI tooling, including test pipelines and asset generation and publishing (eg Docker images, helm charts)
- Experience with deployment techniques and tooling
- Experience working with software engineers in designing cloud-native applications or troubleshooting them.
- Some knowledge experience working with linux operating systems (kernel, filesystems, networking, libraries)
- Some experience managing databases and/or event streaming platforms (Mysql, Mongo, Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Interest in security or security exposure
Benefits of working at ComplyAdvantage include:
- Competitive salary
- Stock options scheme
- Unlimited time off
- Flexible working hours, and remote working opportunity
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company health care plan
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
ComplyAdvantage celebrates diversity in our teams, and welcomes applications from all backgrounds. Additionally, we value potential and growth, so if you don't feel that you fulfill all of the criteria, then you should still feel comfortable to apply and your application will be considered fairly.
Job title: DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer at ComplyAdvantage (London, UK) (allows remote)
Job tags: aws, devops, docker, kubernetes, terraform