G2 is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than five million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. G2 features over 1 million authentic customer reviews, has built a global team of nearly 400 talented, motivated professionals, and has raised $100M in total funding from some of the world's leading investors including IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and its founders.
About The Role
At G2 we make solutions with Ruby on Rails and React with a strong emphasis on good code design and quality. This role will be critical in setting up how we deliver and manage solutions in our cloud environments. You will be working within our tech stack of Ruby on Rails, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Python, Lambdas, AWS and Heroku to deliver incredible value to software buyers and sellers.
We enjoy quarterly weeks of creativity where engineers work to solve problems they see our customers have. If you wish to join a talented passionate team whose kindness and authenticity will help you grow then apply so we can start our conversation today!
- Maintain, optimize and grow our production, staging and test infrastructure hosted on AWS and Heroku
- Work with our Information Security team to implement various controls, resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities, and develop a proactive security monitoring and mitigation strategy
- Optimize our Continuous Deployment workflows to improve cycle time efficiency
- Provide direct and responsive support for urgent analytic needs
- Improve upon the logging and monitoring systems in place for capacity, alerting and scale
- Build out our data infrastructure and support our data engineering initiatives
- Ensure local development is frictionless to provide a satisfying developer experience
- Contribute to building a culture of infrastructure as code within our global DevOps team
- 1+ years of experience in DevOps or Configuration Management
- Demonstrated learning in software development skills
- Must have experience with Cloud IaaS or PaaS (AWS, Heroku, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with multi-tier distributed systems involving load balancers, caching layers and real-time event processing
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and enjoys working creatively with a team
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence across G2
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Strong time management skills
What Will Set You Apart
- Experience managing and automating AWS deployments
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Dockers or containerization technology
- Experience in building dashboards and aggregating metrics
- Experience with security requirements required in cloud environment
Why we love G2
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.
DevOps Engineer at G2.com, Inc. (Chicago, IL) (allows remote)
Tags: aws, heroku, ruby on rails, terraform