CX Insurance Compliance Manager
Remote job description
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones.
We leverage deep technology and data science to streamline the life insurance process, making it more accessible and convenient. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes! We've issued billions in coverage each month and eliminated the traditional barriers, ushering the industry into the modern age. Our full-stack technology platform is the backbone of family financial health.
We make getting life insurance easier, faster and better for everyone.
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, Robert Downey Jr and others. This year, we were named on CB Insights' Global Insurtech 50 list and BuiltIn's Top 100 Midsize Companies in San Francisco. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
Ethos is seeking a CX Insurance Compliance Manager to support our Customer Experience team across a broad range of areas, including fraud investigations, operational review, audit support, customer support, licensing, data privacy matters, policy updates, internal training, and product compliance.The successful individual will apply their broad knowledge of insurance operations and regulatory concepts and perform complex assignments with minimal direction and guidance from management. In this role you will develop dashboards and controls to mitigate risk and audit enforce policies. Most importantly, you must be flexible, learn quickly, and have a desire to help design and execute our end to end processes as we scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and support to business partners in creating sales materials and mandated product training
- Review and analyze current policies and procedures; identify, recommend, and implement new and/or enhanced practices
- Contribute to the development of new and/or enhanced compliance programs and enterprise-wide initiatives, including educational presentations
- Provide training to supported teams
- Review fraud analytics reports, investigate suspected fraud, and prepare summaries with recommended resolutions
- Review and approve technology and product improvements to ensure compliance and operations alignment
- Provide guidance related to regulatory requirements; identify possible courses of action for various departments
- Compile information for completion of reporting, including reports for management, carrier partners and internal teams
- Update and maintain complete and accurate policies, procedures, compliance logs, or files
- Assist Compliance team and TPA Manager with HIPAA, FCRA, carrier, and other audit functions
- Assist team members with compliance testing, research and assigned tasks
- Create and maintain various dashboards necessary for monitoring and reporting quality and compliance
- Assist with agent investigations, outreach, and remediation
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in Insurance industry
- Analytical and research skills, including NILS or similar regulatory search service
- Project management skills and ability to work cross-functionally
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using MS Office tools and Google Docs Editors/Drive
- Bachelor's degree in risk management, business, marketing, pre-law, or other relevant field, or equivalent education and experience
The US national base salary range for this full-time position is $68,000 - $114,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include applicable bonus, equity, or benefits.
You can find further details of our US benefits at https://www.ethoslife.com/careers/
Don't meet every single requirement? If you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. At Ethos we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.
To learn more about what information we collect and how it may be used, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
Company name: Ethos Life
Remote job title: CX Insurance Compliance Manager
Job tags: Research, Risk Management, marketing