Community Success Contractor: Moderator Support
Remote job description
Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. Our mission is to bring community, belonging, and empowerment to everyone in the world. Reddit users submit, vote, and comment on content, stories, and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there's a community for everybody on Reddit and with over 50 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
As our Community Success Contractor: Moderator Support, you will provide timely and high-quality support to moderators and communities. Situations can range from escalating inbound requests to navigating sensitive situations with attention to detail and responding with empathy. You will work closely with the admin team that supports our moderators with collaboration for complex issues. We're looking for someone that is available throughout the week and can provide weekend support.
We are a diverse team that is committed to building an inclusive environment. We're not perfect, but we listen, admit our mistakes, and evolve. We believe your perspective, skills, passion, and empathy are just as important as degrees or brand names. We encourage applications from all people.
- Address moderator requests, issues, and concerns
- Troubleshoot and escalate bugs and operations issues
- Review reported content against Reddit Content Policy and re-escalate potential errors
- Work with our admin team to mediate complex disputes within communities and moderator teams
- Screen top mod removal requests to ensure criteria are met
- Respond to moderators via Zendesk and moderate r/ModSupport
- 40 hours per week, including weekends
What We Can Expect From You:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage workload
- Self-motivated to handle a high volume of varied inquiries from moderators
- Has strong judgment of how much to engage in a topic discussion and when to flag sensitive topics to the admin team for guidance
- Identifies opportunities for improvements with processes and documentation
- Experience as a Reddit moderator is a plus
- Familiarity with ticketing systems like Zendesk is a bonus
This position can work from anywhere in the US or Canada and will primarily collaborate with US-based teams.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.
Company name: reddit
Remote job title: Community Success Contractor: Moderator Support
Job tags: Ticketing Systems, Zendesk