Cloud Engineer Europe
Remote job description
(OASE01_22 - Germany / Italy / Spain / France/ Finland / Netherlands )
As a Linux Cloud Engineer for Europe you will make the difference!
As linux administrator, you can work from any City in Europe, preferably near one of our offices in Hamburg, Bremen, Dortmund, Olpe, The Hague or Espoo.
This position will support our SaaS email platform, providing service to large customers for tens of millions of end users. Core competencies required include automated deployment, virtualization and mail protocols. You will be expected to provide quick resolution of difficult technical problems and we are asking you to share your major contributions regarding technical architecture, documentation and systems project management. The close cooperation between you and the Services and Engineering teams in the rest of the larger Open-Xchange organization, means growth opportunities abound inside and outside the team. In other words, this position is a great opportunity to build a career track.
The job in bullet points
- Server deployment, configuration and management using Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef and Ansible
- Deployment automation and tooling
- Monitor and analyze system metrics
- Collaborate with global operations teams
- Participate in a on-call rotation
- Assist with security audit and compliance tasks
- Document architecture and essential function methodologies
- Some domestic and international travel will be required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 5+ years of experience working with Linux
- Solid understanding of networking concepts: TCP, IP, routing, firewalls, load balancers
- Experience with cloud infrastructure technologies, container orchestration and CI/CD Pipelines
- Familiarity with Dovecot, LDAP, Galera, Cassandra
- Experience with object storage platforms (Scality, Ceph, SWIFT)
- Experience with logging technologies such as Graylog, ELK, or Splunk
- Interest in learning new technologies and working with proof of concepts to promote new technologies
- DevOps Mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; willingness to present technical information to a group
Our offer to you
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Flexible hours that match well with combining responsibilities of home and family with work
- The most current and jazzy equipment
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Hackathons, Workshops and Team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- A company pension scheme
- Language courses (e.g. German, English)
- Flat hierarchies combined with an "Open Door" policy
- Further country related benefits (e.g. company sports)
Who we are We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products - OX Cloud, Dovecot, and PowerDNS - are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company name: Open-Xchange GmbH
Remote job title: Cloud Engineer Europe at Open-Xchange GmbH () (allows remote)
Job tags: linux, cloud, sysadmin