Remote job description
Do what you love
You will be directly involved in the further development of the meshcloud platform. Your view as a Cloud & DevOps expert with a strong focus on security is important to us and our customers! You will ensure our platform is delivered to them using state-of-the art deployment and security practices that allow us to innovate with high velocity while we provide reliable service to our customers. You'll also help develop secure landing zones in public cloud environments that our customers' DevOps teams can use as a template for their own compliance requirements.
Why you are our perfect match
- Experience in operating highly available and fault tolerant distributed systems in cloud environments
- Very good knowledge of DevOps Tools (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, Bash, Python or similar)
- Very good knowledge of Linux administration
- Experience with dhall language (or Haskell)
- Experience in Design and Implementation of Security Practices (OWASP, ITS Risk, ISO Standards)
- Solid knowledge of Network administration (TCP/IP, Security, Routing, VPNs)
- Basic knowledge of Database administration (MySQL, NoSQL DBs)
- Ideally good communication skills in English & German (speaking & understanding), because the regular exchange within the team and with our customers is very important to us
Additionally, the following skills and experiences would be interesting for us and nice-to-have:
- Experience in other programming languages, configuration management systems, frameworks and technologies
- Experience in working with OpenShift, OpenStack or Cloud Foundry
- Experience with "cloud native" tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Helm, Terraform, Concourse CI
- Experience with public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with distributed database systems such as Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB or RavenDB
- Contributions to open source projects and/or programming communities such as Stackoverflow
Why you shoud apply
Our vision "Empower Humans to build a better future" is not only related to the opportunities we offer our customers, but is also reflected in our everyday work. That's why your ideas are important to us! With the help of lean and fast processes, our teams effectively drive improvements and have a great impact on the development of our product and meshcloud every day.
Our benefits and perks include:
- We support your personal and professional development! In consultation with you, you will receive development and training plans tailored to your needs
- Work in small, self-organized teams with clear goals
- Freedom and the possibility to make independent decisions are a standard for us, but of course you can count on teamwork and mutual support
- Mobile Work within Germany possible, after onboarding option to World Office
- Many free snacks & drinks in our office in Frankfurt (dogs also welcome)
- Regular live team events and weekly virtual coffee dates
- For all bookworms: Access to over a hundred books in our meshBib on topics like coding, leadership, personal development, etc.
- Benefits app for our employees, which includes budgets for lunch, gym, internet and mobility
For those interested, here is an overview of our current tech stack.
Apply now and become a meshi!
We look forward to receiving your application and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Company name: Meshcloud GmbH
Remote job title: Cloud Engineer (all genders) at Meshcloud GmbH (Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland) (allows remote)
Job tags: kubernetes, docker, ansible, bash, python