Staff Product Designer
Remote job description
The Tock Design team is looking for a Staff Product Designer! You'll join a mission-driven design team and company dedicated to supporting restaurants and the hospitality industry. We're building innovative and powerful tools that fundamentally change how restaurants, wineries, and culinary businesses operate. We're creating a search and discovery network that connects these businesses with millions of diners around the world, giving consumers a trusted guide to find delicious experiences from destination-worthy and award-winning spots to neighborhood favorites. And we're growing our design team to make it all happen.
As a Staff Product Designer, you will lead design for our most important projects and biggest opportunities, including bringing to life new ideas. You'll partner with your product manager teammates to craft the strategy for these projects and collaborate with your design teammates to execute that vision, ensuring we produce beautiful, highly polished designs that deliver impact for our users and results for our business.
The Staff Product Designer position will report to the Product Design Manager, and can be located in Chicago or work remote from anywhere in the USA.
You'll Get To...
- Craft the vision and strategy for our most exciting design challenges
- Lead design for these projects from start to finish
- Create prototypes to test and validate your ideas
- Produce intuitive, beautiful, and user-centered designs
- Collect insights and user feedback to iterate and improve designs
- Support your design teammates by providing candid and constructive feedback on their own projects
- Contribute to our growing design system and brand identity, setting new standards for quality
Who We're Looking For
- At least 7 years of experience designing and shipping products with a portfolio to demonstrate
- Experience designing products seen and used by millions of people
- Comfortable conducting qualitative research and analyzing quantitative data
- Strong storytelling, presentation, and communication skills
- Excellent visual and interaction skills
- Proficiency with design systems
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with researchers, engineers, and product stakeholders
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance)
- 401k + employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefit in the form of pretax (US)
- Awarded Fast Company's "Most Innovative Companies" for 2021
- Awarded Built In's "2021 Best Places to Work"
- Awarded America's Hottest Brands of 2020 by AdAge
- Won Chicago Tribune's "Game Changer" Award for industry innovation
- Reached a global customer base of 30 countries operating in 200+ cities
- Processed over $1 billion in prepaid reservations
- Named one of 2019's 50 Startups to Watch
- Featured in: New York Times, Bloomberg, GQ, Vice, Wired, Food & Wine, Eater, Skift Table, Chicago Tribune, Crain's Chicago Business, New York Post, and more
Tock is the all-in-one system for reservations, takeout, delivery, and events. We are changing the way restaurants, wineries, and culinary event organizers run their business and how guests explore, discover, and book at these places all around the globe.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building and ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand and transact with their customers in an impactful and beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects and businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, and scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold and hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries and territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California and Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Tock, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Company name: Squarespace
Remote job title: Staff Product Designer
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, smb, soho, websites