Senior UX Designer
Remote job description
At Sonos we want to create the ultimate listening experience for our customers and know that it starts by listening to each other. As part of the Sonos team, you'll collaborate with people of all styles, skill sets, and backgrounds to realize our vision while fostering a community where everyone feels included and empowered to do the best work of their lives.
We're looking for a talented product designer to build innovative experiences leveraging the intersection of software and hardware. You'll be deeply involved in making the daily experience for our professional customers easy, delightful, and curated for their needs. You'll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and physical design, and you'll do this with a growing team of talented designers and researchers. This is a new area for Sonos with tremendous opportunity for the right candidate to innovate, deliver compelling new experiences and grow as a designer.
What you'll do
- Work collaboratively with designers, product managers, and developers to define and build new experiences and improve existing experiences in our professional hardware products.
- Represent the user in everything we build. Participate in primary and secondary research to understand the context of your work, and use this context as the foundation for our design work.
- Ideate, create, and refine workflows in all areas of the professional experience to make our products delightful to use.
- Create design specifications aimed at defining product statefulness, behaviors, interactions, feedback and more.
- Understand, leverage, and extend our design principles to deliver a consistent and rich interactive experience.
- Create prototypes to support user research and inform the development of Sonos hardware experiences.
- Create compelling presentations and documentation that clearly and concisely communicate design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- Communicate complex information to the team, including long-term UX goals and broader systemic initiatives, so they understand the relevance.
What you'll need
- You should thrive in and embrace ambiguity. You have the ability to create ideas that solve complex problems and can narrow them down through research and collaboration.
- You've shipped Product. You have experience delivering apps, hardware and software from brief to shipping within a team environment.
- You're experienced designing digital products and systems. You have experience designing experiences for mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- You've worked with hardware UX, or the intersection of hardware and software.
- You have experience collaborating closely with industrial designers.
- You're effective throughout the entire product development process, from problem definition through to specification.
- You're dedicated to craft. You've created high-fidelity design and prototypes using modern tools including Figma, Framer, etc.
- You're an excellent communicator. You can communicate the breadth and complexity of the product experience- in particular how your work relates to Sonos as an interconnected system.
- You're focused on the listener. You're curious. You enjoy supporting interviews and user research, and integrating findings into final designs. Researchers love working with you.
- You own the success or failure of design work and have found solutions to improve shipped work.
You've worked on Screen UI frameworks for iOS, Android, Watch, etc.
Company name: Sonos
Remote job title: Senior UX Designer
Job tags: retail, e-commerce, connected devices, entertainment, media, music