Senior Instructional Designer
Remote job description
Hi! Before diving into the job details, let's give you some context on who we are and what to expect when joining the team.
Typeform has seen significant change since it was founded 10 years ago. We're expanding from a small Barcelona-based business to a truly international and remote company. Our vision is a world of more personal business relationships. We believe we can create that world by living our mission: To bring people closer with better conversations.
To do so, we look for people who are curious, ready to own their objectives, and passionate about taking organizations to their next chapter. But we are aware it's not for everyone, our environment is perfect for those willing to become a change agent and roll up their sleeves to build our rocket ship.
About the Team:
You will be part of a diverse and growing Customer Success and Care team, made up of different groups of specialists that all come together to drive valuable outcomes for our customers. The Customer Success and Care team includes digital learning, community management, customer support, success and workforce management. You will report to the Head of Quality and Training and have an important role in operationalizing the quality and training strategy.
About the Role:
The instructional designer will be the owner of our instructional design processes at Typeform for Customer Success and Care. You will build and maintain various onboarding and continuing education training programs. You will partner with subject matter experts and stakeholders to create content in a variety of modalities including ILTs as well as self-directed eLearning. You will be responsible for identifying tools of measurement that track the success of the training(s). You will use success metrics to determine and implement maintenance and/or updates to existing training materials.
Things you will do:
- Create and manage multiple complex curricula projects simultaneously.
- Analyze incoming requests to determine the root cause of performance gaps and determine if training is the appropriate intervention.
- Determine the most appropriate learning approach to meet the needs of the audience and address the learning objectives.
- Develop training interventions in a variety of modalities.
- Create reliable and valid learner evaluation tools to gauge knowledge and skills transfer.
- Film, edit and develop training videos as appropriate.
- Prepare and host train the trainer sessions that foster a successful handover of curriculum to facilitators
What you already bring to the table:
- 3+ years experience in instructional design.
- 2+ years experience training or facilitating
- 1+ years of experience in program or project management.
- Experience authoring effective learning objectives
- Deep understanding of video design principles
- Experience with authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate
- Experience creating educational videos using software such as Adobe Premiere, Camtasia, and Final Cut.
- Experience creating job aids and/or supplemental training materials
- Experience applying gamification to learning
- Experience using an LMS to manage training
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvement
- Experience using collaborative office tools like Google Suite
- Strong communication skills, and fluency in verbal and written English
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
To fulfill our vision (Bring people in) and mission (To bring people closer with better conversations), our 500 remote Typeformers from 55 different countries come together to live up and deliver on that promise.
In addition to being a validation of what we've built, our recent $135 million Series C funding round will fuel us to accelerate our product development, nurture emerging technologies, expand headcount, and deepen strategic partnerships across our platform with this investment.
- Why? Simply because 89% of companies say online is their principal customer interaction channel.
- Yet, only 34% of companies treat customers as unique individuals.
- Are you ready to join us and make a difference?
- Typeform drives hundreds of millions of interactions per year, powering conversational, human-led experiences all over the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind, regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We believe that by celebrating our differences, we can win together.
Company name: Typeform
Remote job title: Senior Instructional Designer
Job tags: saas / subscription, freemium, design, marketing services, software, websites