Product Designer, International Growth
Remote job description
We're looking for a Product Designer to embed within our Growth product engineering team to build experiences that engage our users and achieve our mission of creating belonging.
As a product designer focused on international growth, you'll be involved with the full product development process from end-to-end, from brainstorming to launch. You'll use a balance of product, interaction, and visual design skills within the area of Discord that you will end up building.
If you're interested in joining a passionate team of designers that are designing features that will be used by millions of people across the world, come help us do that.
What you'll be doing
- Improve our product experience for international audiences by solving UX problems related to language, regional behavior, and culture
- Report to our growing Product Design team within the Engineering, Product, Analytics and Design (EPAD) organization
- Inform our approach to designing in countries where Discord is still emerging by performing competitive analysis on popular apps and researching digital trends.
- Embed within a Growth product squad and partner with engineers, product managers and data scientists to oversee the user experience of growth features from concept to launch - and then continue to improve it after it releases to millions of users.
- Mix your visual, UX, and interaction design skills to design valuable features for our users
- Understand our goals and connect them with design decisions that can be articulated in individual or group settings
- Foster a culture of design
What you should have
- Experience designing and solving problems for international audiences.
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing and shipping a web/app product for a variety of devices and platforms
- Product thinking and vision. You're more concerned with the "why" than the "how"
- Excitement to dig into experiment data to help inform design iterations and whether something should ship
- A high level of craft
- Experience with Figma or Sketch
- Experience designing within a growth organization.
- Experience or willingness to mentor other designers
- Experience building design systems
- Interface animations know-how
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 18 paid holidays + 4 weeks of PTO
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Company name: Discord
Remote job title: Product Designer, International Growth