Product Designer, Activities Contract
Remote job description
Discord is looking for an experienced Product Designer (Contract) to join our Activities team. The Activities team unlocks infinite activities inside Discord, from music and games to events and beyond. You'll use a balance of product, UX, interaction, and visual design skills to bring these experiences to life.
How do I know this is for me?
You have a portfolio that demonstrates customer-obsessed problem solving across web and mobile. We are deeply interested in designers who sweat the visual details (UI) and can work on a variety of products which engage our users and achieve our mission of creating belonging.
What you'll be doing
- You will embed within the Activities team and collaborate with engineers, game designers, artists, product managers, and producers to create interactive games and activity experiences inside of Discord.
- Use your visual, UX, and interaction design skills to create UX flows, wireframes, beautiful mockups, amazing prototypes, and help implement your designs to pixel perfection.
- Test, learn, and iterate on everything you do alongside your teammates.
- You will help maintain and commit to our Design libraries.
What you should have
- 3+ years of experience designing modern consumer-focused products.
- A portfolio showing off your user experience and visual design work on both web and mobile screens.
- Ability to produce working or semi-functional prototypes to demonstrate design concepts and user flows.
- Experience working closely with engineers, and other cross-functional team members to build consumer software applications
- A high level of craft.
- Intermediate to expert level skill with using Figma or Sketch to design.
- Experience working on games, entertainment and/or social products
- Experience building design systems
- Interface animation know-how
- New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $135,000/year
- Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
- Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $108,000
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests - from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We're working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It's a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Company name: Discord
Remote job title: Product Designer, Activities Contract