Remote job description
Patreon is looking for a Product Designer to solve the needs of creators and members in our platform and build the future of the creative economy.
What you will do
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on prototypes, high-fidelity visuals, and key flows
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and design peers
- Contribute to the visioning, sequencing, tactics, and execution of a multi-phased overhaul of the product
- Own, redefine, and ship key parts of the core Patreon product
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
Skills and experience you possess
- 4+ years of experience in a Product Design role
- A deep commitment to craft & product excellence
- A humble, collaborative, and service-oriented approach to your career
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Evidence of using system design to apply consumer-principles to complex user flows
- Scrappiness & bias towards action: we're building the future of creative independence and changing the way art is made. Let's move!
Projects you may work on
- The future of the fan membership experience
- New tools for Creators to manage their audience & business
- Creation, playback, and collection experiences across a variety of media types: live, video, podcasting, music, etc.
- New ways for Creators to interact with their members
- Community experiences for super fans
- Patreon Design System
- What you will have the chance to learn
- The future of the Creator and media industry
- The ins and outs of creative workflows around the world
- Working in a fast paced high execution environment that's simultaneously deeply focused on craft
- Being part of a high growth company that's rapidly scaling
- Designing for impact (we're a small team with outsized impact on millions of users)
Who You'll Work With:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of helping Creators turn their passion into a living. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don't know it all, and that's the fun part. Everything gets better when you're curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you're growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.
- Want to Learn More About Patreon?
- Check out TechCrunch's article about our focus on membership
- Listen to our CEO Jack and Co-Founder Sam chat with Guy Raz on NPR's How I Built This
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Company name: Patreon
Remote job title: Product Designer
Job tags: marketplace, saas / subscription, entertainment, fintech, makers, music