Product Design Director Apps
Remote job description
As a Product Design Director in our Apps group, you'll play a critical role in leading design, strategy and vision across Roblox. We are seeking a design leader to work with VP of Design, design leadership, and cross-functional leaders/teams to build and grow the strategy and design team of the Apps group. You'll connect our horizontal user experience strategy, innovation, features, and infrastructure across Roblox product vertical groups/team, responsible for ensuring that our end-to-end user experience is consistent and cohesive.
Core Responsibilities and Activities:
Envision and build horizontal systems and patterns across multiple work streams:
- Visioning and R&D for cross-platform Roblox application
- Brand/visual development (in product)
- Up-leveling of existing systems
- Create and unify design systems across:
- Roblox app
- Roblox studio
- Web products
- Oversee implementation of new systems
- Work with vertical groups/designers to introduce new patterns and components
- Drive the roadmap for app and platform rollouts
- Works with engineering director/VP and product director/VP of the Roblox Apps group to lead strategy and execution for Roblox app (web/mobile/PC/TV/VR).
- Partners with marketing Executive Creative Director to evolve our brand. Oversees the evolution of design systems to express brand through product.
- Collaborates across design leadership (reports to VP of design) to build cohesion and consistency in our cross-group design strategy and systems.
- Works across directors of PM and engineering for other product development groups to understand and synthesize needs and strategy.
- Experienced with 10+ years of professional work experience in a design leadership and/or management capacity with a Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Ergonomics, or equivalent work experience
- Practiced in designing consumer applications in games, entertainment, social media or related industries.
- A people manager who will grow a team of product designers and managers by setting crisp goals, evolving our design practice, building team culture, and a leader who guides the team to best possible solution
- A Leader who thrives on cross-functional collaboration, and actively works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
- Collaborative and must excel in communicating with engineers, product managers and executives
- Well versed in the development lifecycle, can navigate complex engineering environments and identify dependencies across feature areas
- Self-Organized with your time and work, and seek out resources to accomplish projects.
- Excellent Communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals. You can communicate complex ideas to the team and stakeholders.
- A Problem Solver who possess a highly-tuned thought process that yields creative solutions to big challenges
- A Cross-Functional Expert who will use your leadership methodologies, and design skills to bring a user-centered point of view to growth and consumer-focused initiatives.
- Collaborative and excited about building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, and Product Management
- Driven and is constantly building upon expertise with various tools, platforms and methodologies
Company name: Roblox
Remote job title: Product Design Director Apps
Job tags: gaming