Product Design Director
Remote job description
We're a leading online reviews platform, free and open to all. Our mission is to be a universal symbol of trust. We are well on our way - but there's still an exciting journey ahead of us. Do you want to join us?
We're looking for two Product Design Directors to lead design teams in our Consumer and B2B products. You'll work directly with VP Design & Research in a growing team, empowering your teams deliver the best possible experiences to consumers and business customers. You'll build vision and strategy for user experience in your area and partner with Directors of Product, Engineers, and Data. You'll build and grow your teams in ways your area needs it most, and work with your teams to develop their skills and careers. Contribute to Trustpilot to become a universal symbol of truth as the world's most powerful review platform and the only one that's truly open to all.
In your role, you will:
- Lead product design across a major portfolio as well as providing operational and strategic leadership to the wider Design & Research team.
- Invest your time and team capacity in measuring the work they produce, and using those learnings to improve products and teams as a whole.
- Be accountable for the user experience success of your product on web, mobile, email and more, and the results it brings.
- Develop new practices that bring increased value and appreciation of Design & Research both inside the business and externally. Improve processes, structures and governance to deliver the best possible experience for our users.
- Coach team members in technical and behavioural skills.
We are looking for people with:
- Experience working on complex issues which require deep analysis of situations or data, both qual and quant.
- Experience leading teams in solving hard problems, managing innovative initiatives, representing the company as an industry leader in design.
- An expert level grasp of management practices and tools. Recognised as a mentor by not only your teams, but by members of the wider team and beyond.
- Great communication and presentation skills as well as leadership.
- A deep commitment to customers needs by investing significant time observing them work and validating ideas.
- Experience using storytelling and persuasion to connect strategy and vision with day-to-day practicality.
- Experience working with budgets and delivery schedules
A fast growing team of product designers and UX researchers based in Copenhagen, Edinburgh, London, and Vinius. We work as part of cross-functional product team directly with product managers and engineers. We Figma and Miro and paper the most. Being a universal symbol of trust starts with great user experience and transparency, so we're at the heart of the product development strategy at Trustpilot.
- An opportunity to work alongside skilled, passionate people in a rapidly growing, innovative company
- An exciting and equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas
- An attractive salary package, bonus scheme and stock options
- Flexible working
- Inclusive colleagues who have a desire to learn, share and innovate
- Opportunities to grow your skills and develop your career
- Two (paid) volunteering days a year to spend your time giving back to the causes that matter to you and your community
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter telling us why you think you'd be great for this job. Please also submit at least one case study showing how you have lead a design team through a project from discover to delivery.
At Trustpilot, we're passionate about our mission to offer a free and open to all review platform, built on collaboration. For consumers, we're a place to connect with and influence businesses. For companies, we're a platform for progress; a way to improve and innovate by engaging and collaborating with consumers. Working here is an opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated people in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and agile environment.
With vibrant office locations all around the world and over 40 nationalities, we're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace with diverse perspectives and ideas. We work hard every day, but we also take the time to catch up with colleagues over a game of ping-pong, a cup of coffee or maybe grab a beer after work.
Trustpilot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Trustpilot is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trustpilot are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trustpilot will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Trustpilot encourages applicants of all ages.
Company name: Trustpilot
Remote job title: Product Design Director
Job tags: saas / subscription, business services, retail